We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin prices

Palau, Italy
5 posts
Save Topic
Berlin prices

Hello all. I'm going to Berlin the next week. Is it an expensive city?

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,537 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Berlin prices

compared ti other capital cities, Berlin is not expensive. Even the rates at the high-end hotels and restaurants compare favourably with (say) London, Paris, Rome, Milan, Madrid, Barcelona etc etc

Palau, Italy
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Berlin prices

Thanks a lot

London, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Berlin prices

Hi

we are going to viena, budapest and berlin on 23rd sept. if we use plastic card there is a chrage of 3% in my card every time I use it, so thinking to carry some cash. What will be the best currecy to carry euro or dollars.will it be easy to change in to the loca lcurrency? If some can give me some advise on this will be highly appreciated.

thanks in advace.

manju

Edited: 07 September 2013, 15:55
Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,488 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Berlin prices

Manju, Austria and Germany take Euros so bringingUS$ will cost you more to change them again. Bring € for those and get what you need in Hungary from an ATM.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,594 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Berlin prices

Check on Hungary forum but we found that in Poland you get a better rate for zloty from kantors (excahnge bureaux) than you do from an ATM, and they will change pounds, you don't need to change to euros first.

I suspect t

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,594 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Berlin prices

Sorry, should have reread and edted that last line out

London, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Berlin prices

Hi

Thanks to all for their tips. I will carry euro and use atm for hungry as suggested.

manju

8. Re: Berlin prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 06:34