We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

berlin stag do

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
berlin stag do

hi im wondering if anyone can help me, im arranging a stag do for around 25 people age ranging from 28-50 and was hoping someone can recomend a good location to stay for good bars and clubs, also if anyone can recommend any activities to keep us busy? also ive heard the berlin people are quite rude is this true?

thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,636 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: berlin stag do

Berlin's nightlife is spread out all over a huge land area, so just stay somewhere central and you'll be fine. Beware that stag parties are relatively recent phenomena in Berlin and you may have issues getting into a club en masse.

I don't find that Berliners are rude but they are direct. Things are not dressed up the way we do in the UK.

Liverpool, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: berlin stag do

Thanks is prenzlauer berg a good location to be based? Well be hitting the pubs and bars then once the older guys go home well be looking to go the nightclubs

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,636 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: berlin stag do

PBerg is an excellent area to be based. It's a bit gentrified now and parts of it are yummy mummy, but the area around Kastanienallee is probably a good area for you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,467 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: berlin stag do

>It's a bit gentrified now and parts of it are yummy mummy, <

LOL Darren. :0)

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: berlin stag do

I'd say Friedrichshain (Simon Dachstrasse and surroundings) because it has a younger feel and more bars. Prenzlauer Berg is really nice but a bit more sedate (yep, lots of families with young mums there).

Or go to Kreuzberg, lots of bars in Oranienstrasse, just mind that some of them are gay bars.

Cecilia

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/berlintips.htm

Liverpool, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: berlin stag do

Thanks this really helps is the nightlife better in kreuzberg or prenzlauer berg? Are ther nightclubs in these areas it's so hard to pick since the age range is 28-52

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: berlin stag do

I think the nightlife would be great in Friedrichshain (Simon Dachstrasse and surroundings). For example I really liked Fargo, a bar with a pool table: http://www.fargo-am-boxi.de/

And I remember there being an all-you-can-eat brunch buffet place for about 9 euros on Simon Dachstrasse, as well as a Portuguese pie shop, and a shop where you can have t-shirts made.

And the nightlife is also good in Kreuzberg.

In Prenzlauer Berg I have gone out late only once (at the square at the end of Kastanienallee / near U-bahn stop Eberwalderstrasse) and there seemed to be more older people. There was a nice bar where you pay what you want for the wine. Don't know if it's still there.

See this as well: lonelyplanet.com/germany/berlin/entertainmen…

and www.spottedbylocals.com/berlin

Edited: 08 October 2013, 22:31
Melbourne
Level Contributor
5 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: berlin stag do

I'm organising a stag of around 20 in Berlin also. We have applied to different apartments on the airbnb website. If that doesn;t work, is there any particular hotel in Mitte/Friedrichshain/Prenzlauer Berg that anyone would recommend?

9. Re: berlin stag do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 05:16