We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

something cultural this Tuesday

Brussels
Level Contributor
13 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
something cultural this Tuesday

Hi,

I will be in Berlin this coming Tuesday and may have 1,5-2 hours to kill in the late afternoon before heading back to the airport. Would really like to use this time to do some culture. Have already been to the Pergamom-Museum. Would prefer to see modern art, but also happy to see something else if it is worth it. Are there any good exhibits going on or can someone recommend a particular part of a museum to visit if one is pressed for time. My last meeting will be at Pariser Platz, so should be in centre or on the way to Tegel. Would be grateful for any advice. Thanks,

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: something cultural this Tuesday

That's a bit tricky.

I thought of Berlinische Gallerie or Martin Gropius Bau, but both are closed on Tuesdays.

Kunsthalle Unter den Linden would be another option: deutsche-bank-kunsthalle.de/kunsthalle/en/vi…

London, United...
Level Contributor
18,456 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: something cultural this Tuesday

Ordinarily I'd suggest any of the other five Museum Island museums (or even another visit to the Pergamon, as it's unlikely that you've seen more than a fraction of its holdings). But since modern art is your interest, what about the Neue Nationalgalerie? You can take the 100 or 200 bus a few stops in a few minutes to Philharmonie, just past Potsdamer Platz, from where it's a short walk.

www.smb.museum/smb/sammlungen/details.php…

London, United...
Level Contributor
18,456 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: something cultural this Tuesday

Correction: only the 200 bus!

The 100 takes a different route, around the north side of the Tiergarten.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
31,444 posts
588 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: something cultural this Tuesday

When you say 1.5 to 2 hours are you talking specifically dedicated to the museums or also travel time as well?

Brussels
Level Contributor
13 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: something cultural this Tuesday

thanks for all the replies and suggestions so far. I mean 2 hours, incl. travel time (but not travel time to Tegel, that would be extra).

London, United...
Level Contributor
18,456 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: something cultural this Tuesday

Jordansbulls, now that you know the answer, do you have a useful suggestion for lupo_mm, or were you asking the question for the sake of it?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,652 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: something cultural this Tuesday

Actually on Pariser Platz and open Tuesdays: http://www.adk.de/

8. Re: something cultural this Tuesday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2014, 06:16