We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Checkpoint Charlie Bars

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Checkpoint Charlie Bars

Folks,

Can anyone recommend a couple of decent bars near check point Charlie for good beers?

Cheers

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,699 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Checkpoint Charlie Bars

There's very little in the immediate area; it's mainly offices and some apartments. It's not one of the nightlife hubs of the city, I'm afraid. Any particular reason for that area?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Checkpoint Charlie Bars

good price on accommodation. I know the Alexander platz is about 2k walk from there.

Any other good areas with a hub of bars you can recommend?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,699 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Checkpoint Charlie Bars

Prenzlauer Berg, around the Kastanienallee area; Hackescher Markt; Simon-Dach-Strasse. You *will* have to travel.

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Checkpoint Charlie Bars

Are there any pubs in the area? "trendy" isnt important.

Just somewhere to have a beer or 2 in the evening before heading back to the apartment.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Checkpoint Charlie Bars

I'm not often in that area but right now I can't think of any pubs there. There are not even that many restaurants there. Maybe somebody who has just been there recently can help. The nearest I can think of where you can find more bars, pubs and restaurants are Hackescher Markt or Potsdamer Platz. Or Kreuzberg with Mehringdamm, Gneisenaustr. and Bergmannstr.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,364 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Checkpoint Charlie Bars

get on the U6 in either direction. North will take you to Friedrichstraße and Oranienburgerstraße, South to Kreuzberg, where you find loads of places on Oranienstraße and around. Or get the M48 bus towards Alexanderplatz and get off in the Nikolaiviertel.

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Checkpoint Charlie Bars

There are some bars in the erea. For instance Solar in Stresemannstr. 76.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Checkpoint Charlie Bars

if you take the u bahn up just one stop to stadtmitte then take a right youre pretty much in the gendarmenmarkt where there are quite a few big boozers including augustiner and paulaners berlin outlets

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Checkpoint Charlie Bars

Nice one, the apartment we are staying in is 2 minutes walk from stadtmitte station

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Checkpoint Charlie Bars

aye i'd head for the gendarmenmarkt then, its signposted as you walk up friedrichstrasse from stadtmitte, the beer in augustiner is great and its open late aswell