We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which neighborhood would you recommend in Berlin?

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
268 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Which neighborhood would you recommend in Berlin?

Hi all,

I am looking at rent a small apartment (1 bedroom or studio) in Berlin. Like most people I want to find the best quality/price accommodation and the one that will maximize my limited time (5 nights).

I am a bit confused at which neighborhood(s) in Berlin I should be looking at!

Which neighborhood would you recommend?

We want to use public transport only and be the closest to the major attraction in Berlin. We are a couple in our mid-50's, so nightlife is not important. Is there any "unsafe" neighborhood in Berlin?

Thank you in advance for your suggestion and comments.

Looking forward to visit Berlin in May.

Ax

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
501 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Which neighborhood would you recommend in Berlin?

i stayed in mitte not far from checkpoint charlie and thought the area was fine, may be more offices around but with the great transport links it wasnt that much hassle getting to the main sights and bars/restaurants

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Which neighborhood would you recommend in Berlin?

Thanks to all of you for your comments, suggestions and heated debates (that's what makes thing move!).

I initially selected a studio in Alexanderplatz, however the apartment was not available anymore!

I've decided to select the Checkpoint Charlie apartment. It is a bit more expensive but much bigger (45m2) and with a balcony. I am also very close to both the U2 and U6 and less than 20 minutes walk from the Brandenburger Tor.

I will be visiting both East and West Berlin, so if you have any recommendation for a good meal or visit. let me know. I am recently retired, so I tend to be on the "low cost" (yes, cheap is more correct) and more bang for the buck (or Euro!) type!

Again, thanks to all of you! Looking forward to my visit in Berlin!

Ax

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,979 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Which neighborhood would you recommend in Berlin?

You're very welcome, and I'm sure you'll be fine and that you'll enjoy Berlin. It sounds a good apartment!

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
501 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Which neighborhood would you recommend in Berlin?

Ive booked the checkpoint plaza apts again for a visit at the end of january.

I thought the surrounding area was fine and found it easy to reach everywhere from stadtmitte station.

25. Re: Which neighborhood would you recommend in Berlin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 December 2013, 06:55
Edited: 21 December 2013, 06:55
26. Re: Which neighborhood would you recommend in Berlin?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 December 2013, 06:55
London, United...
Level Contributor
16,979 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Which neighborhood would you recommend in Berlin?

You can delete it, Lana. Just click on "Report inappropriate content" and scroll down to "Remove my post". Do it before you copy and paste it into a new thread so that you don't get replies on both!

To start a new thread, click on "Ask a question".

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Which neighborhood would you recommend in Berlin?

Thanks, Alabastron. I didn't realize that.

I streamlined the post a bit and reposted under a new thread.

Excited about possibly being in Berlin next week!

Lana

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Which neighborhood would you recommend in Berlin?

Hi, Helen/thmoore.

Can you please post some more information about the apartment that you so enjoyed in January?

Thanks.

Lana

30. Re: Which neighborhood would you recommend in Berlin?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2014, 05:18