We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another hotel question sorry.

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,060 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Another hotel question sorry.

Right I've done a bit of research and I've come up with these hotels for 3 nights over a weekend in june.

Opinions please for 2 adults

Nordic £220 b/b

Amano £245 b/b

Derag £259 r/o

Angleterre £297 b/b

Park inn Radisson £253 b/b

Mandala £384 b/b

Arcotel John F £333 b/b

We don't mind walking and would rather walk than use the tube for a few stops. So location isn't too much of a problem.

thanks.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
24,451 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another hotel question sorry.

If location isn't a problem I would chose the hotel that cost the least as long as the ratings are good.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,229 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another hotel question sorry.

If you get that price for the Radisson Blu for 3 nights, including their amazing breakfast buffet, I would go for that. It is very well situated, both for arrival (5 mins walk from Alexanderplatz station) and for sights/museums/shopping/ bars and restaurants. It is on the banks of the river, opposite the Berliner Dom (cathedral).

I think that location is quite important when you are on holiday. It is good to be able to step out of the hotel into a pleasing environment, rather than some concrete wasteland because it will save a few quid.

You need to be aware that Berlin is huge and you may find you will want to use public transport (bus/U-Bahn/S-Bahn/ even trams! ) more than you imagine.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,060 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another hotel question sorry.

Thank you for your replies. We.ve stayed in cologne and dussledorf sp understand the transport pretty well.

our plan is usually to be up and out early morning so a hotel breakfast suits us.

Back to the room for a shower and change then out for a meal and maybe call in a bar for one on the way backto the hhotel.

Is there plenty of eating places around the raddisson.

I.ll now start to look into this hotel more.

thank you.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,229 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another hotel question sorry.

You will be close to the Hackescher Markt area, where you will find bars and restaurants to suit all tastes and budgets.

I am recommending this hotel because I have stayed there several times and know the area very well. The others on your list may be equally attractive, so do continue your research!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,060 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another hotel question sorry.

Hi

This is the one I can get for 3 nights b/b for £253

Park Inn by Radisson Berlin Alexanderplatz

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187323-d2305…

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,448 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another hotel question sorry.

The Park Inn and the Radisson Blu are two different hotels. I don't think you would get that sort of rate at the Radisson Blu. The Park Inn is located right at Alexander Platz, which isn't the prettiest part of Berlin, to put it mildly, but it's an excellent location as far as transport links are concerned, and it's only a short walk to the restaurants, bars, and night life of Hackescher Markt.

The Amano is in Rosenthaler Strasse, near Rosenthaler Platz, another excellent area for eating and drinking, not quite so good for public transport but still perfectly ok, and also walking distance to many of the major sights.

The Arcotel John F is right by Gendarmenmarkt, the most beautiful square in Berlin - very upmarket, with expensive restaurants almost the only options. You'd be a good 20-25 minutes walk from Hackescher Markt or the Nikolai Viertel, the nearest areas with more eating possibilities. Transport: it's on the U2 line, with a couple of u-bahn stations nearby: Stadmitte and Hausvogtei Platz.

The Derag is at Fischerinsel, near the u-bahn stop Markisches Museum. Not an area I'd want to stay in - a bit dull, and not much in the way of restaurants. I'd eliminate this one from your deliberations.

The Mandala is in Potsdamer Strasse near Potsdamer Platz - good transport links, but this is mainly a business area and there is not much in the way of restaurants.

The Angleterre is in the lower part of Friedrichstrasse, near Checkpoint Charlie - I don't know it well enough to advise on restaurants. Not as good an area as either the Amano or the Park Inn.

Having mentioned the lack of eating possibilities several times, I should say that there is NO area of Berlin that is utterly without places to eat. It's simply that some areas have more possibilities and more variety (and more life) than others: Hackescher Markt and Rosenthaler Platz, as mentioned above, are probably the best for a first visit.

So if I had to choose between your selections, I'd go for the Park Inn or the Amano - or, if I didn't mind splashing out on meals, the Arcotel John F.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,060 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another hotel question sorry.

thank you very much for that detailed post, I can eliminate quite a few off my list then.

I've found this one on a last min secret deal. Adina for £321 room only.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,448 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another hotel question sorry.

Which Adina? If it's the one at Hackescher Markt, go for it. That's a very good rate for three days.

I've just returned from a week's stay at the Adina Checkpoint Charlie. I loved it, and in fact I was going to post again to recommend the one at Hackescher Markt to you!

There are three Adinas in Berlin, and they are excellent hotels, as you'll be able to see from the reviews: friendly staff, lovely, spacious accommodation, good service, and great facilities. The one at Checkpoint Charlie has a pool and a sauna; it was bliss to come back to them after a day on my feet. The Adina Hauptbahnhof has pool and sauna too; I'm not sure about Hackescher Markt (I know it has a sauna, but it may not have a pool).

Hackescher Markt will be a good location for you, as I've already said. I was perfectly happy at the Checkpoint Charlie one: it's very central, but not lively, and not as good an area food-wise or transport-wise. I know Berlin pretty well now, so it was fine for me, but not as suitable for a first-time visitor.

Edited: 19 January 2014, 17:24
London, United...
Level Contributor
16,448 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Another hotel question sorry.

PS You do know that the Adinas are apartment hotels, don't you? Even the studio accommodation has a well-equipped kitchenette, so you can save money by doing your own breakfast. Is the rate you've been quoted for a studio, or for a one-bedroom apartment? It's a good rate for a studio, a terrific one for an apartment.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,060 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Another hotel question sorry.

Well if I wasn't confused before I am now......lol sorry

maybe too much reading reviews on hotels etc can do your head in, I've a list as long as my arm, and when I look at the hotel at the top I think where is that and why did I put it there.

Yes I think that the Adina is the one at Hackescher Markt, I did see on the reviews that some were apts, but to be honest that doesnt' bother me, I don't want to cook when away for a few days, I;m not a coffee early morning person.

I think i'll have to look into this one more.

What I wouldn't mind is a clean hotel (small room doesn't bother me, won't be in it that long) don't mind the shower, toilet in the same room (we had this in paris), in a nice location maybe a side street with trees and a few nice restaurants to choose from, and maybe 1 bar near by for a drink late at night.

I know that Berlin is a city and not everything can be central, but I do want to be somewhere where I can walk to most places.

Back to the research....lol