We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

€65 Euro a night

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
€65 Euro a night

Hi

We are planning a May 4 night city break to Berlin. We are looking for a place to stay, we like to walk everywhere/do walking tours so a place quite central appeals to us. We don't mind a hostel private room ideally with our own bathroom if possible. Can anyone share any recommendations for around 65 euro a night for us both.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,867 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: €65 Euro a night

Try the Circus: it's in an excellent area, near many of the important sights and museums, and with a huge choice of eating and drinking places.

http://www.circus-berlin.de/

Edited: 24 January 2014, 12:49
Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,829 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: €65 Euro a night

I have used Motel One my past two trips to Berlin, but this coming July when I will be there again, they are almost booked and have raised their prices due to an event. Have stayed at the Bellevue location which is pretty central and quite residential, and last year at the Hbf location. That was perfect for me.

Right now I am looking at some pensions, with Absolut Pension being my favorite. There are tons of similar places in Berlin.

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: €65 Euro a night

Thanks for this, is the Circus hotel and hostel in the same location or are they different locations, the hostel is more within budget.

I have seen a hostel called East Seven, how does this compare location wise.

thanks for the suggestions

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: €65 Euro a night

I just booked the Ludwig von Beethoven hotel for less than that ( for April, though)

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,867 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: €65 Euro a night

The hostel is in the same location as the hotel, at Rosenthaler Platz, and its private rooms seem to be well within your budget.

East Seven is a bit further north, in Prenzlauerberg, at Senefelder Platz. It's a perfectly good location, but not quite as central as the Circus. Both are within easy reach of Hackescher Markt, where the Insider and Berlin Walks tours start. The Circus is walking distance - about 10 minutes. You'd probably want to take a tram from East Seven.

Meyem, the Beethoven hotel is on the Kreuzberg/Neuköln. Nothing wrong with that, but Rachelandgromit have asked for suggestions for *central* accommodation.

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: €65 Euro a night

Brilliant, we will look into circus. More expensive than the other hostel but i guess you pay for location x

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,867 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: €65 Euro a night

Of course. And for what you get. it's a very popular hostel, clearly a cut above most, and well run.

But do look into Bornheimgirl's suggestion of Motel One. There are several: the ones at Spittelmarkt and Alexanderplatz are very central, though I don't think the locations are as good as the Circus's for first-time visitors.

8. Re: €65 Euro a night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 07:18