We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swissotel to Tegel

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
710 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Swissotel to Tegel

It appears bus 109 is an easy option to the airport from the Swissotel. My question is I have a Air Berlin Flight to Warsaw on a Wednesday in August at 9am. What time should I catch the bus to get to the airport on time.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swissotel to Tegel

Bus 109 takes 26 minutes from underground station Kurfuerstendamm to Tegel airport according to its schedule.

Check-in opens 120 minutes and closes 60 minutes before take off to Warsaw, Air Berlin tells us.

The bus leaves every 10 minutes on weekdays (first at 4:27am) and every 20 minutes on weekends with the first running at 6:47am.

Now you do the maths.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,029 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swissotel to Tegel

06:30 oughta do it.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
710 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swissotel to Tegel

That's about what I figured, thanks!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
710 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swissotel to Tegel

What would the fare be (seniors over 60 if that matters). Also any problems with taking 2 carry on bags on the bus?

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,029 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swissotel to Tegel

€2.60 for a standard AB ticket. There are no special deals for seniors as far as single tickets are concerned. No problem with bags.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
710 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swissotel to Tegel

I'm wondering if the X9 bus would be better. Only 5 stops compared with 16 on the 109. Would have to walk a couple blocks to the Swissotel but not to far.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swissotel to Tegel

It's about 500 meters or one stop on the underground U9, if you want to catch the X9 from Zoologischer Garten. That'll save you 5 minutes probably...

8. Re: Swissotel to Tegel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 05:16