We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ice Cream Parlour?

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
593 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Ice Cream Parlour?

Can anyone suggest a good ice cream parlour for my next visit please? Staying in Wittenbergplatz area, but willing to go somewhere on U bahn if it's good.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,550 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ice Cream Parlour?

Independent or a chain? The Bandy Brooks/Australian Ice Cream chain is all over town but it's a bit, well, soulless. I think the cafes on Wittenbergplatz on the KaDeWe side all have an excellent selection of ice cream desserts.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ice Cream Parlour?

go for any italian ice cream parlour and forget about the international chains

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ice Cream Parlour?

On the first floor of Potsdamer Platz Arkaden you will find an ice cream parlour. Among tourists you will find many locals as well. It's a bit more expensive but for me personally worth it.

I also like Florida Eis in Spandau which is a district in the west of Berlin, so it takes a while to get there. There is one cafe directly at the underground station Rathaus Spandau. If you travel that far you should maybe go and see the Zitadelle Spandau as well.

Another one I like is Vanille & Co. at Joachim-Friedrich-Str. 27, 10711 Berlin near the Ku'Damm

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ice Cream Parlour?

If you come around Kollwitzplatz there is "Annamaria" in Husemannstrasse 14. They are quite famous in Prenzlauer Berg: http://www.eiscafe-annamaria.de/

Another one would be "Aldemir Eis" in Falckensteinstrasse 7 in Kreuzberg. They have some Turkish influenced ice creams with sesame and honey, but you also apple pie taste... They don't have a website, but some reviews here: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187323-d1…

Then we have "Franken und Grunewald", located in Gossowstr. cnr. Motzstrasse in Schoeneberg, which would be a bit closer to Wittenbergplatz: http://www.franken-grunewald-eis.de

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
593 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ice Cream Parlour?

Wow thanks for all the replies so far. To answer a few questions, no not really bothered about chains as such, Italian based is a plus, but if it's good I dont care . and spaghetti ice is a plus!!!

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
3 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ice Cream Parlour?

I'd second leitstrahl's recommendation for Franken und Grunewald; also, there are several excellent ice cream places around Simon Dach Straße in Friedrichshain (eastern Berlin), including Eispiraten on Grünberger Straße 85, 10245. Personally, I'd say the Simon Dach area is worth a visit anyway, so you see a different side to Berlin.

München
Level Contributor
488 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ice Cream Parlour?

If you want more here are the top 10:

www.top10berlin.de/Liste/194-Eiscafes

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
227 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ice Cream Parlour?

No sure when is you trip – if I remember it correctly, Franken und Grunewald is open from March through October ( or, November) - and closed for the winter months ( just in case if your trip is about to happen).

Before our last 2 trips we did some research for the ice cream in Berlin and found two really good sources ( which we used a lot and going to do the same for our upcoming Easter trip) – one is a guide to “delicious ice cream in Berlin” on Still in Berlin website and the other - write up on Slow Travel Berlin.

Here are the links:

stilinberlin.de/2012/07/the-delicious-ice-cr…

slowtravelberlin.com/berlins-best-ice-cream-…

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
593 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ice Cream Parlour?

My next trip is May so hopfully just right for ice cream. Thanks for the links, so very useful info.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ice Cream Parlour?

Franken & Gruenewald is quite good and just opposite More.

I was in Zsa Zsa's last week and saw that they have quite a good range of Veggie burgers ,which might be of interest to you. Thankfully the service is a bit less snooty than in More(same owner)