We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tegel airport to landsberger allee

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
tegel airport to landsberger allee

could anybody tell me the bus number from tegel airport to the Andels hotel in the road Landsberger Allee I wondered if theB96a takes me there?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,951 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tegel airport to landsberger allee

Take the X9 to Jungfernheide, then the S41 to S Landsberger Allee.

Get the exact connection at www.fahrinfo-berlin.de

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: tegel airport to landsberger allee

as i don't know Berlin very well would the tegel airport bus to Alexander do ? Is it in walking distance from there? As I don't know any land marks to know the bus stops

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tegel airport to landsberger allee

The hotel is about 3,5 km away from Alexanderplatz. A bit far to walk, I'd say.

But you could take bus TXL to Alexanderplatz or Spandauer Str./ Marienkirche (1 stop prior and easier to change since the tram stop is opposite the bus stop) and change for tram lines M5 or M6 there, which would take you to S-Bahn station Landsberger Allee where the hotel is located.

If you want to go that way, you'll find a tram network map here: bvg.de/index.php/…1-1

But I doubt that you'd be faster than taking the X9 and S-Bahn as Darren said, though you would get a free sightseeing tour on the TXL...

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tegel airport to landsberger allee

No, it isn't walking distance from Alexanderplatz. Darren has given you the easiest and best way of getting to the Andels Hotel. You needn't worry about missing the bus stop: it will be announced verbally as well as displayed. Jungfernheide is a short distance from Tegel, so keep your ears and eyes open.

The S41 is the Ringbahn line of the S-bahn. Landsberger Allee is eight stops from Jungfernheide. It is the stop after Greifswalder Strasse, and the journey will take about 20 minutes.

The Ringbahn circles Berlin and connects with many S-bahn and U-bahn lines. It will be your starting point for all your journeys around Berlin. You will need to use it, as you will be staying quite a distance from most of the main sights and sites - so it would be useful to learn about it. An important thing to know is that the S41 travels clockwise and the S42 travels anti-clockwise. (An easy way to remember this is that "1" o clock comes before "2" o'clock.)

berlin.de/en/…1746751-2913840-sbahn.en.html

Edited: 20 February 2014, 09:34
London, United...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tegel airport to landsberger allee

Leitstrahl was posting while I was writing. The route he describes is also a possibility, but the X9 -S41 route will be simpler for you, and, I'm almost sure, quicker. Depending on the time of day you are travelling, the TXL to Alexanderplatz may be held up by traffic (and it isn't really an "express" bus: it stops frequently to let passengers on and off).

The M5 and M6 trams, which go to Alexanderplatz, will also be useful to you on your travels around Berlin.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tegel airport to landsberger allee

It's 20 stops on the TXL and tram versus 10 stops on the X9 (only 2 stops from Tegel to Jungfernheide) and S-Bahn...

You'll find the X9 schedule here: bvg.de/index.php/…1-1

As Alabastron said, you'll definitly need the tram lines M5 and M6 to get from the hotel to Mitte (Alexanderplatz and Hackescher Markt) and back.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: tegel airport to landsberger allee

thank you I will find that useful maps look easy until they are put into practise!

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
359 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tegel airport to landsberger allee

For what it's worth you can also get the TXL bus from the airport to Beusselstraße S-Bahn. This is the second stop after the bus leaves the airport. From here catch the S41 to Landsberger Allee as mentioned above.

To be honest the is probably little difference between getting the X9 or the TXL bus - one of these will be leaving every few minutes, just catch the first one to leave

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: tegel airport to landsberger allee

If i get on the X9 how many stops would we need to go before getting off!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: tegel airport to landsberger allee

thanks for that