We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting flight Berlin to USA

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Connecting flight Berlin to USA

Hi,

We have a flight booking with AirBerlin and our connecting time is 1h15min. Our flight is from Oslo to Miami, connecting in Berlin Tegel. Will we have enough time? Do we have to recheck-in when we arrive at Berlin? Why am I only able to check in online for my flight from Oslo to Berlin and not the flight from Berlin to Miami?

thanks in advance

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting flight Berlin to USA

If you are on a through ticket your bags will be checked through but due to the antiquated layout of TXL you will have to actually go landside and go back through security. You should be able to get both boarding passes in OSL.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connecting flight Berlin to USA

As baggage transfers don't seem to be a strong point of Air Berlin at TXL, I would suggest a change of clothes in your hand luggage.

Maybe with AB you can only check in xxhours before each flight so try again. Other airlines allow all connections xx hours before first flight

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connecting flight Berlin to USA

Thanks for your answers. My flight from Oslo will arrive at terminal C and my Miami flight departs from terminal A. Will I have enough time to walk beween these terminals+go through security check?

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connecting flight Berlin to USA

The airport is pretty small so you should be fine, unless of course the first flight is delayed !

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
26,695 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Connecting flight Berlin to USA

As long as you don't have to recheck your baggage you will be fine. Also as long as you are using the same airline on the same ticket you shouldn't have a problem. Just monitor to make sure the plane is going to leave when it says it should leave.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Connecting flight Berlin to USA

AB 7210 to Miami is usually boarding at Gate A0.

This is only about 500 meters from the Arrival hall in Terminal C. You'll have enough time.

Since you are booked with Air Berlin from Oslo, your luggage will be sent through to Miami.

As far as I can remember there is an Air Berlin counter in the transit area of Terminal C. You should come pass it when getting to the exit. If you don't have your bording passes up to then, you should be able to get it there.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Connecting flight Berlin to USA

And I forgot. In case you need it, here is a map of the airport: https:/…index.php

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Connecting flight Berlin to USA

Thanks for your answers. I got my plane to Miami despite the fact that my flight from Oslo was delayed by 1 hour!!

9. Re: Connecting flight Berlin to USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 05:19