We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kreuzberg

Sutherlin, Oregon
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Kreuzberg

Is there a "tree library" in Kreuzberg, suburb of Berlin? If so, where is it located?

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kreuzberg

What is a "tree library"?

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,456 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kreuzberg

Maybe he means a library with books made out of paper, which comes from trees? :o)

Uberle, please explain. BTW, Kreuzberg isn't a ":suburb" of Berlin. It is one of Berlin's most central boroughs.

Edited: 26 February 2014, 12:40
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kreuzberg

Well, there is a tree library in the quarter Prenzlauer Berg in Sredzkistraße, although I'm not sure it is still there.

bz-berlin.de/bezirk/prenzlauerberg/dieser-ba…

geolocation.ws/v/…en

Don't know about Kreuzberg.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,456 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kreuzberg

Ah. Thank you Michael. You've jogged my memory: I did know about the tree libraries, but had forgotten. It's a great idea.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
359 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kreuzberg

The one in Prenzlauer Berg - Sredzkistraße is still there the last time i passed by it a couple of months ago it was about half full.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kreuzberg

I am enlightened. It looks like that is the only one in Berlin.

But, if it is only about exchanging books for free, there is a (wooden) "book box " in the lobby of Kreuzberg's town hall in Yorckstrasse.

Sutherlin, Oregon
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kreuzberg

Without any knowledge of Berlin and relying on third party information I posed my question as best I could. With a bit of persistence and traveling a bit out side the box, I found my answer. However, it did turn out that the tree library is not located in the Kreuzberg area but close by. We plan to visit it this summer.

8. Re: Kreuzberg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 05:20