We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport transfers Berlin to holiday inn alexanderplatz

Swansea
Level Contributor
195 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
airport transfers Berlin to holiday inn alexanderplatz

Hi

We are going to Berlin on 23/03/14-27/03/14 staying at Holiday Inn Alexanderplatz. Please could anyone advise how much a taxi would be? Airport transfers coming up at £27each for 4 of us. Any help would be gratefully received :)

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,880 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport transfers Berlin to holiday inn alexanderplatz

Presumably you arrive at Schönefeld? Get the Airport Express train to Alexanderplatz (buy your tickets at the terminal - they are very helpful) follow the covered walkway to the station (5-10 mins) and then about 25 mins on the train. From there, follow directions given by your hotel.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,691 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport transfers Berlin to holiday inn alexanderplatz

If the airport transfer is coming in at €27 then I would guess that is from Tegel. The last time I flew in to Tegel (Jan) I used MyDriver, I was very happy with them and used the service both ways. I will be in Berlin again foe Easter and will use them again. The driver was at the exit from customs and the car was a few metres away, they supply the name and tel no. of the driver and will email/text if there is a change.

www.mydriver.com/airporttransfer/berlin

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,671 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport transfers Berlin to holiday inn alexanderplatz

If you want to consider public transport, you can travel to Alexanderplatz by the TXL Express bus. It will take longer, but it will be much cheaper. A single ticket costs €2.60; a day ticket €6.70. You might also want to consider one of the Welcome Card options. All the information about all the transport options is here:

http://www.bvg.de/index.php/en/index.html

Edited: 28 February 2014, 22:12
4. Re: airport transfers Berlin to holiday inn alexanderplatz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 06:19