We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night life of Berlin

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
457 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Night life of Berlin

Hello,

I'm checking appartments to rent in Berlin. One of the most importand things to me is to have nice restraunts and bars nearby. I mean, i don't want to rent an appartment in quite sleepy neighborhood.

Where are the best bars located in?

Level Contributor
98 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night life of Berlin

Hackesher Markt. I've been 3 times and my stay on Rosenthaler Strasse was the best for night time.

Edited: 08 March 2014, 07:56
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,473 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night life of Berlin

Or head a little north from there to the area around Rosenthaler Platz and Kastanienallee. Both are excellent bases.

Level Contributor
98 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night life of Berlin

Agreed. We stayed in the Easy Hotel by Rosenthaler Platz and there was no shortage of restaurants or bars in any direction.

Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
457 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night life of Berlin

Thank you very much.

What about area around Unter Den Linden or the area around Checkpoint Charlie?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,473 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Night life of Berlin

Avoid UdL unless you like being in a construction site. It's pretty horrible right now. The area around Checkpoint Charlie is OK but is lacking in the nightlife you want.

Level Contributor
98 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Night life of Berlin

Checkpoint Charlie is quiet at night. Stayed there and had to travel for a meal. UDL does look awful. And not an easy place to locate a choice of restaurants etc. The first time we went to Berlin we thought we had made mistake bothering having spent our first night around UDL

Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
457 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Night life of Berlin

Thank you very much for the help.

8. Re: Night life of Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 06:17