We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easern europe tour

Navsari, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
easern europe tour

in may i am visiting following cities ,amsterdam,berlin,prague,budapest,zagreb and munich i want to know is bus travelling good and cheapest alternative,if yes which bus do i use?is it nessasary to book ticket in advancewhile travelling in bus or we can get seats easily witj

h direct purchase?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,910 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: easern europe tour

First of all, those cities are not in Eastern Europe.

If you want to go by bus, this is the busline you want to investigate

http://www.eurolines.com/en/

I would suggest going by train, and booking in advance (as far ahead as 90 days in advance) to get the best possible fares. Where are you flying in from India?

If you fly to Berlin, and then go to Amsterdam, then you are backtracking. Better to fly to Amsterdam, and then take the train to Berlin. You can get prices from about €59 for a direct train.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
34,561 posts
597 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: easern europe tour

How long are you going for and how long are you planning to stay in each city?

For instance, if you are going from Amsterdam to Berlin and you only plan to be in Berlin 2 days then taking a bus or train may not be practical with only a short time in the city, it would be better to fly if the flight is early in the morning like 6 or 7 am.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,378 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: easern europe tour

The same goes for Czechs, Hungarians and Croats. You probably wouldn't get into brawls, though; they're more civilised :)

Edited: 15 March 2014, 23:21
London, United...
Level Contributor
19,654 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: easern europe tour

Have a heart, folks. The OP is from a small town in India, barely speaks English, knows little about Europe, and has asked for help.

I don't know the answers to his questions, but I hope someone can help him.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
5. Re: easern europe tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 04:17