We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Schoenefeld to Berliner Hof

Bristol
Level Contributor
672 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Schoenefeld to Berliner Hof

Hi

I have checked on here for top questions and it says that a taxi from the airport to the 'centre' would be around 45 euros. I also checked on the link for taxi costs and that said more like 30 euros. Could anyone let me know what they think it would be more likely to be from the airport to Berliner Hof in Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf please?

We arrive at around 21:00 hours and I know we could get the 21:25 train but I'm just thinking in case we are delayed and miss that train.

Thanks.

Zoe

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Schoenefeld to Berliner Hof

The distance is about 24 kilometers and I get a fare of 37,70 € for this.

You can try yourself, if you want to: taxi-in-berlin.de/taxitarif/…

Bristol
Level Contributor
672 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Schoenefeld to Berliner Hof

Thanks Leitstrahl. Have tried about 3 different taxi calculator sites and getting between 35-40 euros.

Thanks for the response.

Zoe

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,999 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Schoenefeld to Berliner Hof

The taxi fare depends on the waiting-in-traffic time as well as on the distance covered. I'd guess that at that hour there won't be a great deal of traffic, and 37 euros or thereabouts will be about right.

If 21.00 is the arrival time of your flight, you won't catch the 21.26 Airport Express. By the time the plane has got to its stand, and you've walked the corridors to immigration and baggage claim and are out of the airport, it will be 21.30, and you'll still have a 10-minute walk to the train station and onto the platform. If the flight is on time, you'll catch the 22.46. The journey to Zoo takes 40 minutes, and the hotel is a short walk from there.

I think I'd want to take a taxi at that hour!

Edited: 18 March 2014, 16:44
Bristol
Level Contributor
672 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Schoenefeld to Berliner Hof

Hello again Alabastron!

Yes, my thinking exactly. We are supposed to land at 20:50 so it sounds like we still wouldn't make that train anyway and we'll just want to get there so it might be worth just coughing up the extra cash.

I'm a bit worried about my lack of German - obviously I'll have my phrasebook and try my best but do you think it will be easy enough negotiating one to the Berliner Hof????

Zoe

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,999 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Schoenefeld to Berliner Hof

Hello Zoe :0)

You won't need to negotiate: the fares are metered. Most taxi drivers will speak at least a little English, and will probably also know the hotel. Just say its name and address and "bitte". But in the unlikely event of his looking blank you could have the name and address on a piece of paper ready, and show it to him if necessary.

Bristol
Level Contributor
672 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Schoenefeld to Berliner Hof

Thanks again. I have it all typed out so hopefully all will be good. Where's the nearest decent bar for beer by the Berliner Hof please? Since we'll be late, we'd like to drop backs quickly and at least head out for one if we have time. :-)

Zoe

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,999 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Schoenefeld to Berliner Hof

I can't help you there, but I'm sure someone will.

8. Re: Taxi from Schoenefeld to Berliner Hof

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 06:24