We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin for 4 days.

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Berlin for 4 days.

Hi

I will be in berlin with family from the 20th April to the 24th April. 4 full days.

I have made a itinerary based on my interests and keeping in mind that I have kids with me.

I need some inputs from you.

I believe it will be too much . Can you help to cut some stuff from the itinerary or do you think it is practical to have all of the following sites, etc. in the itinerary. Any additions are welcomed as well.

DAY 1

• Berliner Dom

• Legoland discovery center

• Turkish neighbourhood

• Kurfürstendamm

DAY 2

• Checkpoint Charlie

• Pergamonmuseum

• Berlin Wall Memorial

• AquaDom & Sea Life Berlin

DAY3

• Reichstag

• Brandenburg Gate

• Unter den Linden

• Holocaust Memorial

• Topography of Terror

• Kaufhaus des Westens (KaDeWe)

DAY4

• Berlin Zoo 3 hours

• Tiergarten 1 hour

• Potsdam 5 hours

Thanks

Regards

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
593 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Berlin for 4 days.

I'm sure others will be able to help better on some of the days, but the following can be grouped together for the Berlin Zoo day,Tiergarten, Kurfürstendamm , Kaufhaus des Westens (KaDeWe). That will take up a fair amount of time, if theres any time left over then do the Turkish neighbourhood on this day, but bare in mind you have to stop to eat and drink which takes more time especially with kids too. To team it with Potsdam would not work I dont think timewise.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
24,425 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Berlin for 4 days.

Just so that we can help you a bit when you say certain things are you saying simply just seeing them or going inside for maybe a tour or something?

For instance you list Checkpoint Charlie are you going to the museum or just the location to see where it was?

When you say Reichstag are you just wanting to see the outside of the building or do a tour?

Same for the Holocaust Memorial (Seeing the attraction from the outside or go inside as well)

If you are going inside and taking tours then Day 3 will be too intense especially if you have kids with you.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Berlin for 4 days.

I am planning to go inside of these sites.

But if in your or anybody s opinion, its a bit too much then things could just be covered from outside .

But I want to go for the best of all the above in that case.

Thanks for your replies so far.

Looking forward to useful suggestions.

Regards

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,627 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Berlin for 4 days.

There's too much travel; chizlit is right when to say that things could be grouped better.

Your day 3 is quite good, all these things are close to one another, but then you throw in KaDeWe which is about 4km away, and would actually fit better with day 1 if you are going to the Ku'damm anyway.

Berliner Dom and the SeaLife centre are close to one another and to the Pergamon Museum.

The Legoland Centre isn't particularly near anything else you are going to, though it's maybe 1km from the Topography of Terror or Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe. Tiergarten is also closer to there than to the Zoo, in many ways. The Zoo may also take a lot longer than 3 hours; I've spent half a day in there.

Potsdam, if you are planning on going inside any of the Sanssouci palaces, will need more than 5 hours. Travel time each way will need half an hour.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,337 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Berlin for 4 days.

Well one end of the Tiergarten is the kangaroo and ostrich enclosure of the zoo, nearby is a lake with a restaurant/beer garten and waterside terrace.

as it stands day 4 is 9 hours long,is that not a bit too much for your kids?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Berlin for 4 days.

thank you for the feedback.

Much appreciated.

Please also mention if some sites could be dropped or if added.

It will make things easier perhaps and less packed..

Kind Regards

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,337 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Berlin for 4 days.

That kind of depends on your interests and the ages of your children

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Berlin for 4 days.

You could skip AquaDom & Sea Life and visit the Aquarium right next to the Zoo instead, which would be way cheaper anyway: www.aquarium-berlin.de/aquarium.html?L=1

Or is it just becuase you want to see the AquaDom? I think that one's overrated.

Which "Turkish neighbourhood" do you have in mind? Kreuzberg, Neukoelln, Tiergarten or Wedding are the areas where most Turkish and Arabic migrants are living.

And what do you entend to see and do there?

It's not like Chinatown or Little Italy in New York, if you have that picture in mind. It's more like Oslo.

The only thing I could think of is the market at Maybachufer on Tuesdays and Fridays: http://www.tuerkenmarkt.de/lage-map/

But if you're only staying for four days, I'd say skip that part.

If you want to visit Potsdam and don't want to rush through things, you'll need at least a full day.

And finally, if you should decide to visit the TV-tower, there is a modeltrain exhibition nearby in the Alexa shopping center, if your kids are inetersted in that: http://www.loxx-berlin.de/

9. Re: Berlin for 4 days.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 05:20