We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schloss Charlottenburg ticket

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Schloss Charlottenburg ticket

Hi guys,

I scoured the internet to buy skip-the-line tickets to Schloss Charlottenburg, which I'm told are 12 euros apiece, without any success! The spsg.de website is trying to sell the premium day ticket worth 19 euros covering the above site as well as a few other palaces, but since I'm not going to be for too long in Berlin, I will limit myself to Charlottenburg. Could anyone please direct me to the website, if there is any such, from where I can purchase these advance tickets? I just don't want to take a chance by leaving it till the day of visit.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,888 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Schloss Charlottenburg ticket

There are no lines, thus there are also no skip-the-lines tickets. Just buy your tickets at the ticket office of Schloss Charlottenburg.

The premium day tickets makes only sense if one wants to visit Schloss Sanssauci in Potsdam. The numbers of visitors per day is limited there and if you just turn up you risk that the next tours are all already booked out or that all tours for this day are already booked out.

Edited: 22 March 2014, 17:22
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Schloss Charlottenburg ticket

Thanks. I will do as you advised. Do you suggest being there before the opening time or will there be enough time and opportunity to do that whenever one shows up, as long as it is not too near the closing time?

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,488 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Schloss Charlottenburg ticket

I don't think it matters much.

If you have the time to spare, you can walk to the Schloss through the Schlosspark. You reach the park by taking the S41 Ringbahn to Jungfernheide. (You can access the Ringbahn from various points, depending on where you are staying: if you'll say where you are staying, I can tell you more).

At Jungfernheide exit by Olberstrasse and follow the signs to Schloss Charlottenberg. You'll cross a railway bridge that will lead you into the park, and on the way through the park you'll see the other interesting buildings, the Mausoleum, the Belvedere, the Orangerie. After you've toured the Schloss, go and look at the Schinkel Pavilion and its collection of paintings and artefacts. All in all it makes a beautiful day out.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.5081719,13.2973912,14z

Edited: 22 March 2014, 19:10
Level Contributor
132 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Schloss Charlottenburg ticket

Hi. Went to the place in February. There were no queues at all and we paid 12 euros. There is no need to book. The price also includes an audio guide.

Level Contributor
132 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Schloss Charlottenburg ticket

Hi. Went to the place in February. There were no queues at all and we paid 12 euros. There is no need to book. The price also includes an audio guide.

Level Contributor
132 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Schloss Charlottenburg ticket

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Schloss Charlottenburg ticket

Many thanks Joolsh65.

@albastron Thanks for the suggestions. I have Gemaldegalerie slotted in at 15:00 (very excited about it) and wanted to be at Charlottenburg as soon as it opens. I think sadly I may not have enough time to view all the places you advised, because, in one of your other posts I noticed you said that it takes about 3 hours to experience the Palace and Gardens at any depth.

8. Re: Schloss Charlottenburg ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 05:16