We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget for Berlin

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Budget for Berlin

Hi All,

I am taking my partner on a surprise trip to Berlin in two weeks for his birthday. We will arrive evening of 8th April and leave the morning of 11th, so really only two full days in Berlin. Please can you advise on roughly how much money we will need to take? We will be seeing some sights, although not too many mostly art galleries and the wall. We have breakfast at the hotel but will be eating lunch and dinner out, we will also be out in the evening in the bars. thanks for any help :)

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,338 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget for Berlin

Probably about the same as you would spend in Manchester

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget for Berlin

Hi Sarah,

Berlin is rather, cheap for a capital, it was slightly cheaper than Birmingham when I went in 2012

enjoy!

Manchester...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget for Berlin

Thanks for the replies :) I was thinking either £200 or £250?

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,455 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget for Berlin

Is that £200/250 each, or for both of you. If it's each, it's more than enough. If it's for both of you, it should be just about all right as long as it doesn't include the hotel bill, and as long as you don't splurge on both lunch and dinner on both days (obviously you'll want to push the boat out for the birthday!).

To be on the safe side, and have a bit of a cushion in hand for souvenirs, extra drinks, etc, make it £250. You'll probably come back to Manchester with some of it unspent.

Edited: 25 March 2014, 07:26
Manchester...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget for Berlin

Thanks, I was swaying more towards £250 for both of us. My partner eats like a horse so I'll probably need the extra cash!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,336 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget for Berlin

Portions are usually very generous so you shouldn't have too many worries on that score. It's more the price of drinks that can increase the total of the bill a lot .

The federally-funded memorials like the Berlin Wall Memorial at Bernauer Strasse, the Palace of Tears at Friedrichstrasse station etc are free.

There are various options to save money on museum visits like the area ticket (for a day) for Museum island or Kulturforum), Welcome Card or the 3-day museum-pass

7. Re: Budget for Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 05:16