We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Berlin for a young person?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Berlin for a young person?

This is my first time in Berlin, and I'm staying there for 3 days. I'm mostly looking for nightlife, and to visit some historical places of course.

It looks like Berlin is pretty huge, so I'm a bit lost on where to stay. It looks like hotels are very cheap though, and I also heard East Berlin is the place to be, not sure if that's right?

Any tips on where to stay and any recommendations for cheap hotels/hostels?

Mentioned in this post
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Berlin for a young person?

I'd say Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg is what you are looking for.

Either the area between Warschauer Strasse and Ostkreuz (around Boxhagener Platz) for pubs and restaurants or the area around Oberbaum Bridge, if it's for clubbing (Watergate, Magnet Club, L.U.X., Lido).

You'll find several hostels there and if staying in Friedrichshain you will be connected to Alexanderplatz for starting your sightseeing tour, or Ostbahnhof for more clubbing (Berghain, Magdalena) via S-Bahn from Warschauer Strasse.

What about staying on the Eastern Comfort Hostelboat next to the East Side Gallery and Oberbaum Bridge?

Things you shouldn't miss, if you decide to stay in Frierdrichshain: the sunset on Warschauer Bridge or Modersohn Bridge and the fleamarket on Boxhagener Platz on Sundays.

Or if you want to stay on the other side of the river in Kreuzberg around Schlesische Strasse: Burgermeister and Bagdad. You'll find the reviews here on Tripadvisor.

Mentioned in this post
Friedrichshain
Friedrichshain
123 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
Kreuzberg
Kreuzberg
355 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
Warschauer Strasse
Warschauer Strasse
88 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
Oberbaum Bridge
Oberbaum Bridge
378 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
Watergate
Watergate
460 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
Alexanderplatz
Alexanderplatz
3,752 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
East Side Gallery
East Side Gallery
12,453 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
Burgermeister
Burgermeister
4,008 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
Bagdad
Bagdad
114 Reviews
Berlin, Germany
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Berlin for a young person?

Thank you very much for the awesome info!

Would you guys say most people in Berlin speak English? I don't know a word of German lol, I could probably just say phrases.

Mentioned in this post
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Berlin for a young person?

You won"t have a problem with that, specially most people around your age speak English.

4. Re: Where to stay in Berlin for a young person?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:16