We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Berlin other than museums and parks

Reutlingen, Germany
4 posts
Save Topic
Things to do in Berlin other than museums and parks

Hello fellow travelers,

My family and I are traveling to Berlin this July and are planning to stay 5 nights. I've visited Berlin before (I'm a student in Baden), but It is the first time for my parents and siblings. Based on my own trip and the internet, Berlin is a teriffic place to go to... for museums. The city seems to be famous solely for its history - which is a good thing for me and my siblings, but my 60 year-old parents would most probably be bored to sleep by the 3rd museum.

I am pondering now whether it's worth the 5 day stay. From my memory, all the sights along Unter den Linden can be explored in a day, two tops. One more day could be spent in Potsdam. What other sights are there in the vicinity that doesn't involve musems or landmarks where you snap a photo and leave? Perhaps parks or a really unique castle like Neuschwanstein? Or is there anything else you suggest?

Pardon me for my naivety. This is literally a once in a lifetime trip for my parents, and I want them to enjoy every moment of it. Please please give as many suggestions as you can think of, thanks :)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
29,755 posts
545 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Things to do in Berlin other than museums and parks

@ travelsofadam,

Thanks on the tip especially about the Loxx Museum for minature Berlin. I did something similar in Istanbul.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Things to do in Berlin other than museums and parks

No problem @jordansbulls! There are so many unique things to do & see in Berlin - hard to get bored here!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
29,755 posts
545 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Things to do in Berlin other than museums and parks

"There are so many unique things to do & see in Berlin - hard to get bored here!"

Totally agree!!

24. Re: Things to do in Berlin other than museums and parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 June 2014, 11:35
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Things to do in Berlin other than museums and parks

The blog is neither travel related, nor cool RedSparklet and most of the people here won't even be able to read it anyway, because it is in German.

Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Things to do in Berlin other than museums and parks

Check out the street art tour by David Baumgarten at The Hidden Path. It's a private, 2.5-hour customized walking tour of Berlin's street art scene, with "a mix of the notorious berlin backyards, abandoned places, interesting projects like a temporary art hall made of cargo containers, squatted buildings and some of the coolest design / book stores." David is an East Berliner street artist, and gave us & our 17-year-old daughter a fascinating view of Berlin's edgy art scene (in excellent English). 90 Euros for all 3 of us, and worth every cent! http://thehiddenpath.de

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Things to do in Berlin other than museums and parks

I'll add in another vote for The Hidden Path graffiti tour - it's one of the better street art tours you can take in Berlin

28. Re: Things to do in Berlin other than museums and parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 07:17