We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the restaurants I've made a list of :)) so now please help

istanbul
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
the restaurants I've made a list of :)) so now please help

Hi guys,

After reading all trip reports and reviews I've made a list of restaurants mentioned by the users..

We've 3 nights for dinner and 4 lunches. please be so kind to indicate where to dine and where to have a lunch since I'm confused about it.

For instance, for the same restaurant some say just to have lunch and some say even to make a reservation for dinner.. I couldn't decide..the web sites don't give me a hint :(

please check them:

Restaurant Zur Letzten Instanz

Joseph Roth Diele

1840 restaurant

Robbengatter

Zur Gerichtslaub

Grill and Schlemmerbuffet

Dicke Wirtin

Bieberbau

Weihenstephaner

engelbecken

Lokal

Marjellchen

I know many suggest heising (french) or other italian cuisine restaurants (centolire etc.) but I just want German cuisine for our trip.

Many thanksss and best regardsss

Sezen (from Istanbul)

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the restaurants I've made a list of :)) so now please help

Do you mean Engelbecken in Charlottenburg at Witzlebenstraße 31 near Lietzensee? There you should definitely book a table to be on the save side. I was there couple of times without a reservation and they had free tables but often it is fairly busy. Apart from Sunday they open around 5 or 6 pm. On Sunday they already open at 12.

Dicke Wirtin is more like a pub ... not sure if they take reservations at all. Anyway, if it should be really busy when you want to go there and you wont get a table than you have heaps of alternatives around Savignyplatz.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
26,695 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the restaurants I've made a list of :)) so now please help

I can vouch for Robbengatter and it is an excellent choice and not expensive at all.

istanbul
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: the restaurants I've made a list of :)) so now please help

thank you all for your answers :)) Can't hardly wait for Berlin!!

maidenhead
Level Contributor
68 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the restaurants I've made a list of :)) so now please help

I have been to both Dickie Wirtins and Marjellchens, both are excellent for evening meals. marjellchens is a bit more expensive but worth going. Portions are big in both. I would advise booking a table as they both get very busy. Dickie Wirtins has a website reservation, Marjellchens you have to telephone but they speak English. Will be going back to both when we return to Berlin in June.

5. Re: the restaurants I've made a list of :)) so now please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 07:15