We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Berlin

5 posts
Save Topic
First time to Berlin

Hi dears, I want to ask about public transportation and affordable budget for 6 days ????

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,839 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Berlin

You could buy a weekly ticket for public transport.

http://www.bvg.de/index.php/en/1236666/name/Weekly%2B+Monthly+and+Annual+Tickets/article/77395.html

or a Berlin Welcome Card for 5 days. Covers public transport and gives discounts on various attractions, museums etc.

www.visitberlin.de/en/welcomecard?tid=860

Public transport: regional trains, S-Bahn (suburban) trains, U-Bahn (underground/metro), trams, buses and some ferries.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,489 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Berlin

You can easily get by on €30 a day for breakfast and a proper sit-down dinner, plus a light/street food lunch. Add something for transport tickets and entrance fees, and something for extras and small gifts, and €50 a day should see you through. A room with a kitchenette in an apartment-hotel will save you money on breakfast.

But that's just a ball-park answer to a pretty unanswerable question. An "affordable budget" is what *you* can afford, and it depends mostly on what you like to eat and how much you drink.

Edited: 15 April 2014, 16:36
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
27,610 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Berlin

5 Day Welcome Card for sure. And if your 6th day is a full day just get an all day pass. Not sure what your budget is, but a lot of things in Berlin are free as far as activities.

5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Berlin

Thanks a lot for the precious information :)

5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Berlin

Where to buy berlin welcome card for 5 days other than online ???

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
27,610 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Berlin

"Where to buy berlin welcome card for 5 days other than online ???"

Right at the airport

www.visitberlin.de/en/article/at-the-airports

cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
259 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Berlin

At the airport, they don't take credit card. We bought 5 days welcome cards and they are really worth it. We don't have to worry about taking public transport and validating them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,489 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Berlin

Asri50, I hope you validated your Welcome Cards the first time you used them! There are heavy fines for travelling with an unvalidated card. Sarah, please note.

Will someone please confirm Asri's statement that BVG at Schönefeld don't accept credit cards? I find it hard to believe, but I can't dispute it since I've always paid using my pre-loaded euro card (essentially a debit card).

cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
259 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to Berlin

Alabastron, we did validate our tickets before we boarded the train. Thanks for the earlier information.

10. Re: First time to Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 06:16