We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few nights in Berlin

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
7 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Few nights in Berlin

Hi,

Myself and my partner are on a late flight into Berlin on the 31st of August 2014. Were staying in Mitte and although we've looked about, we can't decide on a hotel. Were both in our 20's and want to stay in an area with plenty of pubs/nightlife/bars etc but have good transport links so were able to travel about. Ideally, I'd like to be able to grab an underground train from the airport to the hotel and back. Budget wise, we'd want to spend no more than £250 for the three nights. A few hotels we've noted already are;

Best Western Moa, Park Inn and the 'Adina' chain hotels. Were not too fussed about being in a quiet area as we'll most likely be getting in late either way.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Few nights in Berlin

The area with some nightlife and many pubs in Mitte is the quarter north and around station Hackescher Markt. One possibiliy is the hotel "Motel One Alexanderplatz" with regard to your requirements. It is next to Alexanderplatz (main hub of east Berlin). Express bus line "TXL" to Flughafen(=airport) Tegel starts there. In case you don't use airport Tegel but the smaller airport Schönefeld: There are direct trains from station Alexanderplatz to airport Schönefeld. The hotel is about 300 meters away from Hackescher Markt where you will find many pubs. It would not be my personal choice(i like something smaller and more charming) but it totally fits to what you ask for. Otherwise just look at an online map for hotels nearby.

Bus schedule line TXL, valid since June 1st 2014: (it only shows the frequency): bvg.de/index.php/…1-1

Edited: 05 June 2014, 22:03
London, United...
Level Contributor
17,213 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Few nights in Berlin

The Adina Hackescher Markt, if their rate for your dates is affordable for you, would be perfect: great location, walking distance to many of the things you're likely to want to see and do, including the Museum Island, dozens of restaurants, bars, and cafés, and excellent transport connections: three S-bahn lines at Hackescher Markt.

The Motel One Alexanderplatz is well located too, and would be cheaper, but the Adinas are great hotels, and if you can afford it (and if they have availability for your dates: the Adina Hackescher Markt is very popular) I would go for it.

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
7 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Few nights in Berlin

Excellent replies. Thanks for your help with this. Money isn't a problem in terms of the hotel but were not planning to spend a lot of time there so I feel it'd be wasted. That said, the Adina is the one I've been looking at and Hackescher Markt was a particular area I was interested in so your replies settle my problem. Thanks again for your help :0)

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,213 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Few nights in Berlin

I'm sure you will like the Adina. The rooms, even the smallest studios, are spacious - and it's nice to have somewhere to sit as well as a bed! The staff are friendly and helpful, the studios have small kitchenettes, adequate for preparing snacks and breakfast (which will save your euros - there is a Kaiser supermarket around the corner and an Edeka nearby in Rosenthaler Strasse), the beds are comfortable, and there is a gym and a sauna and jacuzzi in the basement.

I now stay at the Adina Checkpoint Charlie, which also has a pool, which swings it for me, but it's a not as good an area for eating and drinking. All the Adinas offer a good deal more than an ordinary hotel, so a very good choice.

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
7 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Few nights in Berlin

Thanks Alabastron.

I've travelled before and although I've done well with hotels, people normally have a difference of opinion. As most people have recommended the Adina, I have no problem paying the extra. Were getting a connecting flight to Barcelona on the 3rd and have that hotel sorted (Hotel curious) which i believe has an excellent reputation. Anyway, I've had a good look at the 3 Adina hotels and by all accounts, their reputation is fantastic. I'm glad i've got the advice I've received. I can relax now before I go. I don't suppose you can recommend and decent places to eat? I don't mean anything flash, just good food :0)

Liam

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,213 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Few nights in Berlin

It depends what you want to eat. A stone's throw from the Adina is Brauhaus Lemke, a decent brewhouse serving big helpings of decent German food. In Hackescher Markt itself there are several possibilities: Restauration 1840 has good reports, so does Weihenstephaner.

Have a look at this old thread, also do a search:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187323-i135-k61…

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
7 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Few nights in Berlin

Yeah, definitely German food. First time in Germany so got to make it count :0)

I have looked at plenty of reviews but I think it's best to come from somebody I've asked. I'll have a good read through the thread thanks.

Liam

8. Re: Few nights in Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 05:17