We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near Unter den Linden

illinois
Level Contributor
103 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
hotels near Unter den Linden

So, there's four of us going to Berlin, July 11 - 14. My son has been there and wants to stay near Unter den Linden - what area is that exactly? I've booked Meininger Hotel Berlin Mitte on Oranienburger Stra?e, but I'm worried about it. It was inexpensive and realize we won't be in our room(s) much but want to have a comfortable/safe area to stay. We have one room for the four of us, but I would consider getting two rooms, someplace, if the price wasn't outrageous. I'm thinking I should be able to get a room for the four of us or two rooms for less than $600.00 - that's my budget. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
31,444 posts
588 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels near Unter den Linden

Here is a view of the area. Click on hotels and you see hotels in the area. Probably will have to do some research on if it is in your budget.

tripadvisor.com/…MAPVIEW

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
6,107 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels near Unter den Linden

I would not recommend staying on or near Unter den Linden for another 3 years or so - it's currently a construction site for most of its length.

The Meininger is OK but I do think there are nicer places to stay. Both the Ibis and Motel One chains offer central locations and great value, and the Adina Apartment-hotel may be within budget. Check out the area around Hackescher Markt and Rosenthaler Platz, nice neighbourhoods but reasonably central.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18,456 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels near Unter den Linden

The Adina Checkpoint Charlie is a few minutes walk from Unter den Linden (but far enough away to not be aware of the construction site aspect). But if you mean your budget is $600 for three (or is it four?) nights, I have a feeling their two bedroom apartments will be well beyond it. The one-bedroom apartments (which can sleep four, with two on a sofa bed in the living area) would probably be affordable, though; and with a well-equipped kitchen you would save by doing your own breakfasts.

In the same area, there is a Motel One at Spittelmarkt.

I don't think you'd like staying in Oranienburger Strasse. It's central enough, and safe enough, but seedy after dark, and very touristy. I stayed near it, in an apartment, a few years ago, and wouldn't again. If you want to be near Unter den Linden, the Hackescher Markt area, and the one I've described above, are much better locations, and Rosenthaler Platz, mentioned by Darren, is very nice too. Hackescher Markt and Rosenthaler Platz are the best for wining and dining.

Edited: 23 June 2014, 23:01
illinois
Level Contributor
103 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels near Unter den Linden

Ok, I've finally narrowed down hotels to the Adina Hauptbahnhof, Adina Checkpoint Charlie or the HSH Hotel Apartments. I'm really leaning toward the HSH as it is about $200.00 cheaper. Adina Hackescher is sold out!

Somebody just pick one for me.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
31,444 posts
588 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels near Unter den Linden

" I'm really leaning toward the HSH as it is about $200.00 cheaper. Adina Hackescher is sold out!

Somebody just pick one for me."

If price is an issue pick the cheaper one as long as you feel the quality is good enough for you.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
10,502 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels near Unter den Linden

Checkpoint Charlie. Hauptbahnhof area is a soulless concrete jungle

London, United...
Level Contributor
18,456 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels near Unter den Linden

The Adinas are excellent hotels. I wouldn't want to stay in the Adina Hauptbahnhof myself: the surrounding area is a massive construction site (when I passed it a few weeks ago, there were the beginnings of the construction of a big building opposite the entrance) and there are few opportunities for eating anywhere nearby. But it's handy for the main train station.

I think I've already sung the praises of the Adina Checkpoint Charlie, so I won't repeat myself. :o)

The and Adina CC and the HSH are both in good locations for sightseeing, museums, etc.

HSH may be a bit better in terms of eating and drinking options nearby.

Both have kitchenettes, which will save your euros on breakfasts.

Both have equally glowing TA reviews.

Both have gyms and spas, the Adina CC has a pool, if that is an inducement.

The HSH is a little further from Unter den Linden; both are within easy walking distance.

I don't see how you could go wrong with either. My personal choice would be the Adina CC - but then I've stayed there twice and love it, and don't know the HSH.

I hope this is helpful.

Edited: 27 June 2014, 06:18
8. Re: hotels near Unter den Linden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:16