We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Austria, Vienna - Berlin, Germany?

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hartlepool, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Train from Austria, Vienna - Berlin, Germany?

I'm leaving Budapest on the 24th July 2014 for Vienna, and need to some how get from Vienna to Berlin on the 27th July, does anyone know if this is possible by a single train, the cost of the train and how I book it?

Or would I be better off going from Budapest to somewhere else, and then Berlin if its not possible by train?

Thanks

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,335 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Austria, Vienna - Berlin, Germany?

You will at the min have to change in Munich. See www.bahn.de for details and tickets. You might well be better flying ,have a look at Germanwings, Austrian and AirBerlin websites

Hartlepool, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Austria, Vienna - Berlin, Germany?

I checked out bahn.de and found a 10h 25m train costing €129 - is that about right? Is that the cheapest Im going to get?

I'm trying to stay away from airports, I think its a much bigger advantage getting the train. But if I have to get a flight, thanks for your help bongoblog

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,886 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Austria, Vienna - Berlin, Germany?

If you buy in advance (= now) you can get the direct EC train Wien-Meidling dep 09:31 Berlin Hbf arr 19:15 for EUR 49.

4. Re: Train from Austria, Vienna - Berlin, Germany?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 06:17