We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TXL Bus and Luggage

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
457 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
TXL Bus and Luggage

I have tried to search the forums about luggage on the TXL bus and didn't seem to have much luck. Looking at the BVG site, its says the following " At 15 meters long, the buses are spacious enough to accommodate lots of luggage." Does this mean there is a special spot for luggage on the bus or do you just keep it with you. We will be arriving with 3 bags and I am wondering the bus configuration or if I am better getting a taxi. We will be going to the Adina Hackescher Markt. Thanks for your help.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
4,156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TXL Bus and Luggage

Well, there is a little extra space without seats near the doors, but it can get crowded when the bus is full.

I've however never really had a problem, I just used the bus yesterday. If you feel uncomfortable because the bus is too full for your 3 bags, just take the next one. There is one TXL bus every 5-7 minutes. (during the day)

Edited: 07 July 2014, 20:30
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,440 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TXL Bus and Luggage

There's enough space on the buses, but getting your three bags from the bus to your destination might be a bigger issue. Taxis are door to door.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TXL Bus and Luggage

A taxi won't be very costly: probably around €20-25. But if you think you can manage your bags, leave the bus at the Spandauer Strasse/Marienkirche stop (it will be announced visually and verbally). The Adina is a 5-minute walk from there.

Cross Karl-Liebknecht Strasse and walk back in the direction you've come from. When you come to An der Spandauer Brücke turn right: the Adina is a little way along on the left.

4. Re: TXL Bus and Luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 21:17