We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

london to berlin

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
london to berlin

whats the cheapest way to get from London to Berlin without flying (or hitch-hiking)

thanks guys

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: london to berlin

By train - fares start at €59.

Check the seat61 website for more info seat61.com/…_Berlin

By coach is another option Eurolines and Berlin Linienbus are two companies which I know of. Not sure whether any other.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
10,228 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: london to berlin

Unless you have a fear of flying, you should look at Easyjet from Luton. I regularly fly from there to Berlin Schönefeld for about £65 return. Flight is about 2hrs, which is considerably less than (probably) about 12 by train.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,930 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: london to berlin

>Unless you have a fear of flying, you should look at Easyjet from Luton.<

Or, as you live in London, from Gatwick. I too recommend Easyjet: cheap flights if you book early, good reliability and punctuality, and reasonably comfortable planes, all things considered.

Unless, of course, you have a fear of flying.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
29,729 posts
545 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: london to berlin

I don't see why you wouldn't want to fly from London to Berlin?

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,930 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: london to berlin

Unless, of course, she has a fear of flying.

Jordan, don't you ever read the posts before you post?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: london to berlin

The train is actually really good; it's normally Eurostar to Brussels, then ICE to Cologne, where you change for another ICE to Berlin. In total it's about 9 hours. I've done the journey by train, though I went via Hamburg after Cologne, and stopped off in each city for 2 nights. Even if the bus were cheaper, I'd choose the train just for the ability to get up and walk around.

Edited: 11 July 2014, 20:34
London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: london to berlin

thanks folks.. really great... im going to take the train :-)

Inchicore, Dublin...
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: london to berlin

Hi,

In case you still read this: there is the Rail and Sail ticket that includes the train from London to Harwich, the ship from harwich to Hoek van Holland and the train ride within the Netherlands to the Dutch border. Have a look at Stenalines. You only need an additional saving ticket from Deutsche Bahn from the Dutch border (Bad Bentheim) to Berlin.

Holger

maidenhead
Level Contributor
68 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: london to berlin

We went Eurostar to Paris, then overnight train to Berlin, you can book a compartment to sleep in if you want. Came back via Cologne, stayed for a couple of nights there and then train to Brussels and Eurostar home.

10. Re: london to berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 05:16