We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

S9 to schonefeld airport

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
659 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
S9 to schonefeld airport

We tried to get the S9 from Schonefeld when we arrived but the train terminated after a few stops at Schoneweide I think. We waited there for 20 minutes but all S9 trains terminated so we figured out we could get another train and change.

I am worried if we take the S9 from frankfurter Allee towards Schonefeld it might also terminate on the way.. Does anyone know anything about this line?

Thanks

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: S9 to schonefeld airport

Bad luck.

Due to construction the S9 is currently (since July 9th) interrupted between stations Treptower Park and Baumschulen Weg. This will continue until July 18th. So if you're going back on Friday, you'll be fine.

Otherwise use the city circle train instead, meaning the S41 from Treptower Park to station Neukoelln and the S45 from there to its terminus, Schoenefeld Airport: bvg.de/index.php/…1-1

Sydney
Level Contributor
659 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: S9 to schonefeld airport

Thank you so much. We arrived on July 12, we are leaving on Sunday 20 July so everything should be fine on Sunday??

Sydney
Level Contributor
659 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: S9 to schonefeld airport

"Due to construction the S9 is currently (since July 9th) interrupted between stations Treptower Park and Baumschulen Weg. This will continue until July 18th"

I wish the woman in the tourist info office at the airport had known this when I asked her what. Train to get.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: S9 to schonefeld airport

You're welcome. Everything should be back to normal on the S9 on Sunday.

Sydney
Level Contributor
659 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: S9 to schonefeld airport

Thanks.. I wish you were sorting out the tourist info instead of "Visit Berlin". Let me know if I can ever offer you advice about Sydney!

6. Re: S9 to schonefeld airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 06:16