We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two or three days in Berlin

Denver, CO
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Two or three days in Berlin

What would you suggest not to miss if i have only two or three days to spend in Berlin. Any hotel recommendations? Taxis vs. mass transit?

Thanks.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
26,025 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two or three days in Berlin

If the option is between having two or three days then 3 days is most practical. With 3 days you can get the 72 hour Welcome Card which covers public transportation and offers discounts on attractions (you need to see what attractions you want to see and see if the Welcome Card offers discounts on it, for instance if you do a walking tour of the city it will give a discounts and it will give you an idea of what it is you want to see.)

visitberlin.de/en/…the-berlin-welcomecard

(berlinwalks.de/public/…Discover)

berlinwalks.de/public/…mainsights

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two or three days in Berlin

Sauchsenhausen Concentration Camp

Brandenburg Gate

Memorial to the murdered Jews

Topography of Terror

Checkpoint Charlie

We did taxis mostly just because it was quicker (and pretty cheap with a family of 4). Plan on doing a lot of walking as well.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
26,025 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two or three days in Berlin

"Sauchsenhausen Concentration Camp

Brandenburg Gate

Memorial to the murdered Jews

Topography of Terror

Checkpoint Charlie"

All good choices and all things I did as well, but the OP didn't mention where there interests were, so to get an idea, a walking tour would be best for them unless they mention what interests them in particular.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two or three days in Berlin

@ Jordansbulls: OP - "What would you suggest not to miss if i have only two or three days to spend in Berlin."

I'm pretty sure Uncle Huero asked for other's suggestions, and I'm pretty sure I gave him mine. You wanna suggest a walking tour that's awesome...feel free.

Oh also TIOHUERO...I stayed at the Ramada Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz and I recommend it highly. Great hotel and great location.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
26,025 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two or three days in Berlin

@ Mike P,

Not disagreeing with you, I in fact agree with you, but to ask what not to miss will really depend on the interests of the OP as well, we have no idea what the OP is interested in so what not to miss will vary between each of us.

6. Re: Two or three days in Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:16