We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin Philharmonic website - Can I register beforehand?

Sleaford, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Berlin Philharmonic website - Can I register beforehand?

Hi all.

We are visiting Berlin mid-October, and there is a concert at the Philharmonie we would like to see which is on at the time we are there.

On their website ( http://www.berliner-philharmoniker.de/en/ ) , I can find the concert details and dates, and see that ticket sales for the concerts start 7 September. I gather tickets sell very quickly, and would like to register an account for myself with the website beforehand to make buying some tickets quicker on the day they go on sale.

Can anyone advise whether registering an account is possible, as I have trawled the website and cannot find a 'Register' link.

Or, is it a case of registering as I buy tickets?

Thanks in advance,

Edited: 11 August 2014, 16:53
London, United...
Level Contributor
18,636 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Berlin Philharmonic website - Can I register beforehand?

Try this.

1. Phone the Philharmonie box office on 7 September. Book your tickets, saying that you will have a Welcome Card.

2. Buy a Welcome Card when you arrive at the airport. There are various options, and you'll find details here, so that you can study them and decide which version you want:

3. Collect your tickets at the box office. Show your Welcome Card, and the red booklet that comes with it, and you will get a 25% discount. (I think that each person for whom you've booked a ticket will need a Welcome Card in order to get the discount.) And you're bound to be able to use some of the other 200-odd discounts the Welcome Card offers.

This has always worked for me when booking tickets (only once at the Phiharmonie, but several times at the three opera houses and at the Berliner Ensemble and other theatres) and has saved me many euros.

You can't do it on line. The website can't cope with discounting tickets, or perhaps simply can't trust you to tell the truth, which is fair enough.

Edited: 11 August 2014, 17:19
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
32,359 posts
592 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Berlin Philharmonic website - Can I register beforehand?

Looks like you have to find the day of the event you want which is here --> berliner-philharmoniker.de/en/…

And then you say Buy Tickets. You purchase how many you want and then there is an option of

Shipping 0.00 EUR

Collecting customer

Once you pass that screen the next screen says if you are a returning customer or you are "I am a new customer" and then you register.

3. Re: Berlin Philharmonic website - Can I register beforehand?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 07:16