We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nearest shop/supermarket to Park inn alexanderplatz

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
nearest shop/supermarket to Park inn alexanderplatz

Was wondering where nearest shop[ is please to Park inn alexanderplatz so can buy some bottled water and snacks for the room as we are there a week and like to try keep costs down

thank you

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nearest shop/supermarket to Park inn alexanderplatz

Galleria Kaufhof department store is right next to the hotel and has a food hall on its ground floor, where you get anything from fresh rolls to champagne.

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nearest shop/supermarket to Park inn alexanderplatz

thank you is it expesive am only thinking crisps/biscuits and water

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nearest shop/supermarket to Park inn alexanderplatz

Prices are like in Kaisers supermarkets, higher than those of discounters like Aldi or Lidl, but it"s chaeper than the KaDeWe.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,309 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nearest shop/supermarket to Park inn alexanderplatz

My impression was that Kaufhof was a bit dearer then Kaisers, I assumed because of the location. No Lidl or Aldi in that area though, as far as I know.

You can get snack stuff like that also in Rossmann and dm (chains rather like Boots), there's a dm near Galeria, a Rossmann in Rathaus-Center and I think also underground where the U-Bahn is.

Very good baguettes etc from various sales points in Alexanderplatz station.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 11:13
London, United...
Level Contributor
16,244 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nearest shop/supermarket to Park inn alexanderplatz

The real issue is that you might not find basic crackers, crisps, etc at the Galeria Kaufhof: the food hall is pretty upmarket. I can't recall ever seeing a packet of crisps there. But it has a huge, excellent selection of cheeses, sausages, salamis, bread, fruit, salads, etc, so although it is more expensive than the supermarkets (including Kaisers, as Lynda says) you could do some lovely simple meals for yourself which would save on eating out. I do that quite a lot. (The wine is surprisingly cheap, actually.)

But if serious meal-making isn't part of the plan, Rossman and dm will be fine for crisps and crackers, and the bottled water will be cheaper.

Fairly close by, at Hackescher Markt, there is a Kaisers, and around the corner in Rosenthaler Platz there is an Edeka. Maybe you can pick things up while on your travels.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 11:51
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nearest shop/supermarket to Park inn alexanderplatz

Cracker and crisps are next to the drinks department at Galeria, Alabastron.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,244 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nearest shop/supermarket to Park inn alexanderplatz

!!!!! :-)

I guess I must have overlooked them in my zeal to acquire the expensive/exotic stuff, leitstrahl.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 14:32
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,009 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nearest shop/supermarket to Park inn alexanderplatz

No problem getting snacks in Kaufhof and things like that are not super-expensive there. There's an Edeka Reichelt supermarket in the nearby Alexa shopping mall, with standard supermarket prices.

Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: nearest shop/supermarket to Park inn alexanderplatz

There's a cheaper supermarket in Alexa shopping center, at floor -1 (it's a couple of minutes walk), I think it's Edeka

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Level Contributor
142 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: nearest shop/supermarket to Park inn alexanderplatz

y i vote too for the Alexa mall, about 5 mins walking from the hotel , there is a supermarket at the -1 floor.