We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RailEurope or Bahn.com

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
RailEurope or Bahn.com

Hey guys,

Wasn't sure exactly where to post this but Berlin is where I'll be most of the time.

Two of us will like to spend a day in Hamburg seeing that the train ride is under two hours.

Just looking for opinions on if ordering tickets from one site has any benefit over the other. Also is it a good idea to reserve seat assignments? Say if we don't reserve seats, do we just sit anywhere, considering we wouldn't really know if we're in someone's reserved seats... I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for any help.

Rob

Inchicore, Dublin...
Level Contributor
982 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: RailEurope or Bahn.com

Hi,

just use www.bahn.com. You will find saver tickets that are valid in the certain train only and flexible tickets where you could use any train.

for special last minute offers you might also scrub www.busliniensuche.de and www.ltur.com: www.ltur.com/de/bahn.html?omnin=TopNavi-DB (unfortunately both in German only)

Correct, if you don't reserve you just sit anywhere, reserved seats will be displayed above the seats. If you don't travel during peak times, reservations are not required.

Holger

Orlando, Florida
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: RailEurope or Bahn.com

Holger, thanks very much indeed for the reply. I greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,

Rob

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RailEurope or Bahn.com

Don't use Rail Europe for anything. They're just high priced resellers who don't own or run any trains.

You'll find more info on train travel at the excellent man in seat 61 website (www.seat61.com) and Trip Advisor's own train travel forums (tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12483-Train_Tr…)

Orlando, Florida
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: RailEurope or Bahn.com

Very good info! Thanks again :-)

5. Re: RailEurope or Bahn.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 07:16