We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25th Mauerfall - Fall of the wall 25th anniversary Nov 2014

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
25th Mauerfall - Fall of the wall 25th anniversary Nov 2014

I am thinking about travelling solo to Berlin for the week of the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin wall. I'm under the impression that there will be lots of celebrations and cool things to do over the weekend, although upon looking online I feel there is a lack of information.

Does anybody know of any specific events/celebrations that will be going on during that weekend?

I am looking into going 6th-13th November so I have enough time to get lots of stuff done (the last two times I have been for only 5 days and feel like I ran out of time!).

I'm planning on staying in hostels (not sure where yet) as I would love to meet people on my travels. I know Berlin would be great any time of year but I've got this idea that its going to be parties all over the city and so would like that to be the case! If anyone has any idea of what is going on (or if anybody else is planning to be there at that time) I'd love to hear from you!

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 25th Mauerfall - Fall of the wall 25th anniversary Nov 2014

There will some events like light installations along the wall(with balloons that will fly up all at one at 7.25 pm to "blast" the wall), concerts, theater, exhibitions... Those events can be found here

I guess some other events will follow, f.i. organized by churches or institutes and could be found in the normal event schedules like www.zitty.de

Some hostel have special offers for that period, like this public youth guesthouse jgh-hauptbahnhof.de/angebote/25-jahre-mauerf…

Normally October 3rd is the day for celebrations, when the Unification treaty came into effect in 1990. There are huge celebrations each year at October 3rd in a different capital of a Bundesland, this year in Hanover, plus a smaller celebration in Berlin. So if you are looking for a huge fare with sweets and fairground rides you should go to Hanover in October.

2. Re: 25th Mauerfall - Fall of the wall 25th anniversary Nov 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 05:17
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now