We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartments in Kreuzberg and Mitte

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Apartments in Kreuzberg and Mitte

I am looking at staying in an apartment which is located near Muskaeur and Zeughofstrase. Can anyone tell me what the area is like? I will be with my husband and young adult daughters.

There is another one in the Mitte on Zionskirchstrase. Can anyone tell me about that area?

Thanks

Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartments in Kreuzberg and Mitte

I'd pick the second anytime!!

Grigoris

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartments in Kreuzberg and Mitte

Muskauer Str./ Zeughofstr. close to Lausitzer Platz is a nice area in Kreuzberg with many restaurants and pubs around and you'd find a market hall in Eisenbahnstr. as well. It's one of the favourite neighbourhoods in Kreuzberg and similar to the area around Bergmannstr..

You'd be connected to public transport network via underground line U1 and station Goerlitzer Bahnhof. Though there is a little "but". Nearby Goerlitzer Park currently is the hot spot for drug dealing and is a dangerous area, specially at night.

Zionskirchstr. is next to Zionskirchplatz and Kastanienallee in Mitte. It is close to the Memorial of the Berlin Wall. You'd have connection to public transport on the U8, either station Bernauer Str. or Rosenthaler Platz. No probelm finding a restaurant or pub here either. It would be closer to the main sights and in case you want to go shopping, Alexanderplatz is only 2 to 3 stations away by underground.

So, in case you're not comming to Berlin for the clubs and pubs only, I'd go for Zionskirchstr..

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartments in Kreuzberg and Mitte

Thank you

That is very helpful.

What about the area near Koppenplatz. I think its near U Bahn Rosenthaler platz.Is that in Mitte?

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartments in Kreuzberg and Mitte

That's in Mitte and even better, specially if you're into art galleries (around Auguststr.) and like shopping in branch stores (around Rosenthaler Str and Neue Schoenhauser Str.).

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
349 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartments in Kreuzberg and Mitte

We stayed in a great apartment about 3min walk from Rosenthaler Platz .. great location, easy access to both trams and trains, lots of places to eat and supermarkets nearby

6. Re: Apartments in Kreuzberg and Mitte

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 06:16