We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Markets

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
195 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Markets

I'll be visiting Berlin for the 1st time from November 30th until December 5th :)

I absolutely love all things Christmas. I love the decorations and general Christmas feeling. I've heard that Christmas markets in Berlin are lovely?

Also, are they in full swing in the 1st week in December?

Thanks!

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,364 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Markets

Yes, they start in the last week of November.

This link shows you some of the most popular markets :

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187323-c201945/Ber…

I like the Gendarmenmarkt, Rotes Rathaus, Opernpalais and Schloß Charlottenburg.

We are there the first week of December, so we'll keep an eye out for you :)

Edited: 02 September 2014, 19:00
Dumfries
Level Contributor
375 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Markets

You will enjoy wandering about.We have went to the markets 4 years running and arrive this year on 7th december.Always find something different and just love the atmosphere.

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
195 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Markets

Thanks very much! I'm really looking forward to visiting. Flights are booked, just hotel hunting now!

Another question. How far is Potsdamer Platz from Mitte? Looking at hotels in Mitte and would like to visit the Potsdamer Platz market. Is it easily accessible by public transport?

Edited: 03 September 2014, 20:08
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,699 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Markets

Technically, Potsdamer Platz is about five minutes from Mitte. PP is in the borough of Kreuzberg but right on the border with the borough of Mitte. It's well-connected by all forms of transport.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,364 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Markets

Yes. You can either get the bus 200 or U2. Not a problem

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Markets

>Technically, Potsdamer Platz is about five minutes from Mitte. PP is in the borough of Kreuzberg but right on the border with the borough of Mitte. It's well-connected by all forms of transport.

Not at all, Darren. It was part of the former borough of Tiergarten, which since 2001 is one-third of the (new) borough of Mitte (a combination of Wedding, Tiergarten and the old Mitte).

Edited: 04 September 2014, 08:57
7. Re: Christmas Markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2015, 05:16