We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to Berlin

London
Level Contributor
699 posts
1 review
Save Topic
London to Berlin

Has anyone driven from London to Berlin? If so, did they do it non stop. Google maps claims 14 hours door to door.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London to Berlin

I have never driven, but I did once take a coach from Wiltshire to Berlin. We set off in the early morning, took the ferry Dover>Calais and stopped overnight in a hotel in Münster, before making our way to the German capital.

If you stick to the motorways the route is fairly simple from Calais, though I can't imagine why you'd want to go to all the time, effort and expense of driving when you could be there in a couple of hours on a cheap easyJet flight!

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London to Berlin

I've never driven myself either but took a coach a few times from London to Berlin and back. To be honest I would never take a coach from Berlin to London ever again, neither would I even think about driving myself. It's way quicker and cheaper to fly. Only exception would be if I would want to do self-drive holiday in the UK or if I would move back to the UK and would like to take heaps of stuff with me which I couldn't take with my if I would be flying.

Berlin
Level Contributor
432 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: London to Berlin

Berlin Schönefeld Airport

-> London Stansted (Ryanair)

-> London Luton and Gatwick (easyJet)

Berlin Tegel Airport

-> London Stansted (Air Berlin)

-> London Heathrow (BA)

Tons of flights between London and Berlin. Tickets if booked in advance shouldn't cost a fortune.

4. Re: London to Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 01:19