We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Breakfast Buffets

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
851 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday Breakfast Buffets

Heading back to Berlin this weekend and after any recommendations for a good breakfast buffet on the Sunday.

It will be the first time I'll have been there on a Sunday, last time we found a lovely bar on Simon-Dach Strasse that did the buffet on the Saturday but I've heard the Sunday ones are more commonplace and even better!

We're staying in Friedrichshain but don't mind a short u-bahn journey if it means a good feast at the other end of the trip! :-)

Also, how busy do the better (and therefore more popular) buffets get on a Sunday? I'd rather not have to book a table as we are planning a late night the night before so don't want to be tied to any particular time. Don't want to be wandering the streets aimlessly looking for somewhere good that we can get into.

London
Level Contributor
851 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Breakfast Buffets

Sorry about the double post - seems to be a bit of a problem either with the site or with my internet connection!

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Breakfast Buffets

Sundays can get really busy so in some places booking ahead might be a good idea. Anyway, that said some places don't even take bookings.

My favourite places for breakfast buffet not too far away from Friedrichshain are

Morgenland, Skalitzer Str. (opposite underground station Görlitzer Bahnhof) in Kreuzberg

Estoria, Kollwitzplatz in Prenzlauer Berg

Cafe Courage on Saarbrücker Str. (underground station Senefelder Platz)

London
Level Contributor
851 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Breakfast Buffets

Thanks for the suggestions Berlingal.

Cafe Courage is actually one of my favourite cafe-bars in Berlin anyway! We found it by accident once after getting very lost, tired and exhausted. Now we make a point of going back there every time. I didn't know about the breakfast buffets there though - I'm sure they must get busy, given the location and size of the place.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Breakfast Buffets

Cafe Courage has a breakfast buffet every Sunday as far as I know. Surprisingly enough it's not that busy and you'll always find a place there. Reason for that might be that compared to some other places the buffet is quite basic. Anyway, I personally find they have enough different food to choose from.

Ivybridge, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Breakfast Buffets

Can I ask why you are in Berlin?

Are you there for The Killers?

That's why we will also be having a late night on Sat.

Carmen

London
Level Contributor
851 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday Breakfast Buffets

Berlinlover - I was tempted by the Killers gig but I am actually going out there to see Nitzer Ebb instead. There are so many cool bands playing in Berlin this weekend!

First time I have been to a gig outside of the UK, so am hoping that it all goes OK (praying that I've done the booking correctly and the tickets will be at the booking office waiting for me!)

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday Breakfast Buffets

Hi,

I second the recomendation of BerlinGal at "Istoria" at Kollwitzplatz. You won't find a better breakast buffet in Berlin (costs 7 - 8 € / person). The place is pretty busy but I never had any problems to get a table.

:-)

London
Level Contributor
851 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday Breakfast Buffets

Following 2 recommendations for Istoria, just done a google search on that and yes that does sound like a good place to go!

Also, if it is too busy there, I'm sure there are other places in that area we can go to.

Thanks!

(1 day to go and I'm so looking forward to being back in Berlin!!!)

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday Breakfast Buffets

Hi,

there are plenty of nice restaurants near the Istoria. You won't have a problem to find something nice if Istoria is too busy.

Bon voyage!

:-)

10. Re: Sunday Breakfast Buffets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 17:21