We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cabaret or travestie or Kabaret

belgium
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cabaret or travestie or Kabaret

We are going to be in Berlin early April and are hesitating about how to spend evenings. Never really understood the difference guide books make between Kabaret and Cabaret? Anything to advise? Further I read here and there that they have "fantastic" travestie shows. Is this true ? Where? All other info also welcome of course

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cabaret or travestie or Kabaret

Had a short view into the 'Duden' and it tells me that there's no difference between Kabarett and Cabaret. Do you have an example? For further infos about Berlin nightlife have a look at

berlin-tourist-information.de/english/berlin…

berlin-tourist-information.de/english/…

germany
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cabaret or travestie or Kabaret

Kabarett is german for Cabaret. I went to a cabaret/travestie show in Berlin and it was quite entertaining, except that it was all in german so if you don't speak the language make sure you check to see if it's in english or if it's mostly singing, etc. My german is pretty good, but they told a lot of jokes during the show and those were harder to understand. You'll see signs and pamphlets all over the city advertising the various shows or you can ask at your hotel/hostel/tourist information center.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
103 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cabaret or travestie or Kabaret

One of the best travestie shows in Germany is the Chez Nous in Berlin, close to Kurfuersten Damm and KaDeWe.

Find details at:

http://www.cabaret-chez-nous.de/index2.html

Cheers