We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Which Berlin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hull .East...
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

What can I say. We had a fantastic time. I dont know were to begin.

We stayed 4 nights at the Zoo Hotel on Ku'damm. Very clean and friendly hotel with good size room for the two of us. Breakfast was not included and at 14 euros it was cheaper to find cafe and eat out. No bar as such but a nice lounge area were you could get a drink and snacks.The surrounding area appeared to be very safe even at night and we never felt threatened at all. Plenty of bars,cafes and restaurants in the immediate area to suit every taste and budget. The shopping was fantastic. Again shops to suit all budgets...... From real bargains to the unbelievably expensive...

The Ka De We was my favourite and imo better than Harrods!!!!!! And of course the 6th floor has to be seen to be believed. So much wonderful food and drink. I have never seen so much cheese in my life!!!

Travelling around Berlin is easy and when not walking we used the buses which were punctual clean and cheap.

The history of Berlin is amazing and especially for me the history of the wall. Very eerie..... We managed to visit most of the main tourist sites. The Berlin Dom is so beautiful and was my mums favourite. Even the Train station was amazing. A christmas tree made from Swarovski crystals !!!

Visited a few christmas markets and loved them all but our favourite was the one on Unter den Linden ( Sorry I cant remember the name?)

I could go on and on about this wonderful city.

I loved everything about it....... The friendly people, the history, the atmosphere, the sights, the shopping, the christmas markets and of course the Food and Beer.

My mum is already planning to take my dad there in the summer.. And it goes without saying that I cant wait to visit this amazing city again very soon........

You Berliners are very lucky....

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Everyone

Tania & Pauline

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Hi Tania & Pauline,

thank you for your great report.... & merry christmas!

:-)

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for your report and great to hear that you had a great time.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

Berlin is my favourite city in the whole world - and I am well travelled. I am glad you also were able to share in the delights of Berlin.

I'm in Berlin for the New Year celebrations! I can't wait!

Frohe Weihnachten und ein erfolgreiches Neues Jahr!

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report

Ok,

now I'm waiting for your trip report LondonParisBerlin!

Viel Spaß in Berlin & Frohe Weihnachten!

:-)

Perrysburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report

Enjoyed reading your trip report. I agree with you that Berlin is amazing and can't wait to visit it again! Maybe next year at Christmas so we can see the Swarovski tree...I bet it's stunning!

6. Re: Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 03:17