We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schoenefeld Airport to Citadines Kurfurstendamm by bus

england
Level Contributor
38 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Schoenefeld Airport to Citadines Kurfurstendamm by bus

I am a first time visitor to Berlin and I need urgent advice on easiest way to get from Schoenefeld airport to Hotel Citadines, Kurfurstendamm. Leaving Saturday a.m. hope I haven't left it too late! Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
London, United...
Level Contributor
19,869 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schoenefeld Airport to Citadines Kurfurstendamm by bus

Take the Airport Express - RE7 or RB14 - to Zoologische Garten. You'll need a ticket for zones AB and C (€3.30) which you must validate on the platform (look for the red box).

From Zoo I would advise taking a taxi to the hotel. The nearest U-bahn station is Adenauer Platz: getting there requires changing from the regional train to the S-bahn, then to the U-bahn. A bit complicated, and as it's only a short distance, and as you don't know Berlin yet, take a taxi for a few euros.

The very easiest way, but much more expensive, of course, would be to take a taxi all the way - for about €45.

Mentioned in this post
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
england
Level Contributor
38 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Schoenefeld Airport to Citadines Kurfurstendamm by bus

thank you Alabastron

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,641 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Schoenefeld Airport to Citadines Kurfurstendamm by bus

From Zoo you also could take the buses 109, 110 or X10 along the Ku-Damm. The stop for these buses is in front of the station, clearly marked. They come frequently and you do not need to pay extra -- just show your S-Bahn ticket to the driver as you get on. The stops are clearly indicated inside the bus. You need to get off at Olivaer Platz, about an 8 to 10 minute ride. Your hotel is one street away from the bus stop.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19,869 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Schoenefeld Airport to Citadines Kurfurstendamm by bus

The OP asked for the "easiest" way, and the buses aren't especially easy for a first-time visitor, especially with luggage, and especially at Zoo, where there are so many buses and so many people waiting for them at so many stops. It can be confusing; hence my suggestion of a taxi.

But, Geordiegirl, it's perfectly possible and obviously cheaper; and bill2p has given you precise instructions about where to get off. The stops are usually notified both electronically and audibly. If you do take the bus, you should be able to see the Citadines sign from the bus stop.

england
Level Contributor
38 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Schoenefeld Airport to Citadines Kurfurstendamm by bus

many thanks to both Alabastron and Bill2p, I'm feeling a bit more confident about getting there now and not ending up in Munich or something silly like that! I shouldn't be so hesitant because I've travelled by public transport in India, Thailand, Hong Kong and most of Europe but I always get worried I'll get lost somewhere.

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Thailand
Thailand
131 Reviews
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Kong
Kong
2,936 Reviews
Paris, France
Europe
Europe
World
London, United...
Level Contributor
19,869 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Schoenefeld Airport to Citadines Kurfurstendamm by bus

Don't worry - you won't get lost. Berlin's public transport system is all joined up and very efficient. And user-friendly too, compared to what you've experienced.

I'm now sure you can cope with the buses at Zoo! Have a good visit to Berlin.

Mentioned in this post
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,641 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Schoenefeld Airport to Citadines Kurfurstendamm by bus

Geordiegirl, if you've, let's say, coped with the vans at Bangkok's Victory Monument, the buses at Bahnhof Zoo will be a piece of cake.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,332 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Schoenefeld Airport to Citadines Kurfurstendamm by bus

Zoo(logischer Garten) station map

http://www.bvg.de/de/standortplan/9023201

Bus 109 departs from bus stop #1. 110 and X10 from bus stop #2.

9. Re: Schoenefeld Airport to Citadines Kurfurstendamm by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2017, 04:16