We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Lubeck from Hamburg centre?

Which Hamburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How far is Lubeck from Hamburg centre?

Is it a long journey?Is it served by train?How much does it cost to get to hamburg from Lubeck?......all help appreciated

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is Lubeck from Hamburg centre?

Do you want to go to Lübeck or Lübeck Airport?

There are hourly (at :05) RE trains from Hamburg Hbf to Lübeck Hbf. Travel time is 47 min. At rush hours there are half hourly trains.

Single ticket is EUR 10,30.

Day ticket is EUR 19,70.

A mini group (2-5 persons) day ticket is EUR 25,20. This ticket is however on weekdays only valid past 9am.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,142 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is Lubeck from Hamburg centre?

The above tickets are zone-to-zone tickets.

They are valid from any train/metro/bus stop in Hamburg to any train/tram/bus stop in Lübeck.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
341 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is Lubeck from Hamburg centre?

If you are going from the airport you can take the direct bus that meets every flight. it cost 8 Euro one way and takes you to Hamburg central bus station ZOB.

Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is Lubeck from Hamburg centre?

Thank you for all the help....flying from Dublin and Lubeck airport is €100 cheaper than Hamburg...any ideas on some activities to do with 15 guys in Hamburg,apart from drinking and partying?Is there go karting?Bobsleighing?..no bus tours or any tours for that matte! Something energetic.....

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
341 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far is Lubeck from Hamburg centre?

There is karting but they only speak German which is a bit worrying when they give you the safety instructions. The track is north of Hamburg near Schnelsen. www.kart-o-mania-hamburg.de/

There is also 10 pin bowling at Othmarschen, west of the city centre gildebowling.de/gildebowling_othmarschen/ind…

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far is Lubeck from Hamburg centre?

Hi, you can go sailing or rent a paddle boat at the lake Alster which is in the middle of the Hamburg city.

Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How far is Lubeck from Hamburg centre?

Thank you all for the help and info....

Jupiter, FL
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How far is Lubeck from Hamburg centre?

IF Driving: From Hamburg, allow at least an hour - after you are on the Autobahn. The last 15-20 minutes are through small villages and the outskirts while they finish the construction of a direct airport link. Keep alert for the airport signs as there are many turns. I had a rental car to turn-in and, as the desk is not always manned, you may have to leave keys and paperwork at the main information desk and hope the person checking the car in later doesn't find any "damages." I thnk RyanAir could be more forhcoming about this as their flghts are listed as "Hamburg" and "Paris" on their website. And the site is also lacking on maps and directions. The Prices are cheap, but getting to the airport and extra luggage charges can put a dent in the savings. Not being intimately familiar with the geography of northern Germany, I'm glad I noticed the difference in airport codes and checked it out before I left The States. Had no luggage-overage problems at Lubeck, though Ryan nailed me good going out of Beauvais (not Paris-see above re "forthcoming") 10 days later - for the same baggage configration.

belfast
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How far is Lubeck from Hamburg centre?

me and the missus are flying to lubeck from hamburg aswell this post has been really helpful thanks

Heidelberg...
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How far is Lubeck from Hamburg centre?

I am interested in the train to Lubeck from Hamburg. Where can you catch these trains? We're staying at the Radisson SAS.

Also what is the difference in a single ticket and a day ticket? Are these prices for round trip? Thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Hamburg