We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice required on stay and itinerary

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Advice required on stay and itinerary

Hi there,

I am an Indian traveling to Hamburg on a budget tour between 25- 29 July. I have some work near Dammtor and would like to spend time in main market I suppose it is Moenckebergstrasse.

Can anyone suggest me few good hotels near above locations. My budget is may be 70-80 Euros/ night.

Also, need advice on planning my itinerary covering shopping centres and other tourist places of interest.

Thanks in advance,

Ashish Sharma

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice required on stay and itinerary

The main shopping area in Hamburg is indeed around the Mönckebergstrasse plus Spitalerstrasse plus the shopping centre Europapassage and up to Gänsemarkt where you will find more high end shops as around

For tourist places have a look at the tourist guide here on TA

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel_Guide-g187331-Hambu…

In regards to hotels have a look at a price comparison site as trivago.com where you can set your price limits and sort the hotels by distance. In your case I suggest either to select city centre/Moneckebergstrasse (though I do not get the nicest hotels displayed if I look at it myself - you may also want to check the reviews here on TA for the ones displayed) if you prefer to be close to the shopping area or CCH Congress Centre if you prefer to be closer to the Dammtor station (Hotel Am Rothenbaum is one popping up which has decent reviews and is in a pretty nice area).

Edited: 30 June 2014, 13:23
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
445 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice required on stay and itinerary

Check the area around Hauptbahnhof (Main Station) as well. It's 1 train stop away from Dammtor, at the beginning of Mönckebergstrasse and offers a lot of hotels and hostels.

For shopping Mönckebergstrasse with it's smaller shopping centres is fine. If you are more in smaller shops you should also check Karolinenstrasse (metro Messehallen) and Ottensen (Metro Altona)

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice required on stay and itinerary

Hauptbahnhof = city centre

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice required on stay and itinerary

Thank you very much for your valuable advice. I stayed at Prizeotel, Hogerdamm. Close to Steinstrasse and monckebergestrasse. Good hotel.

Thanks again.

Ashish Sharma

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice required on stay and itinerary

Thank you very much for your valuable advice. I stayed at Prizeotel, Hogerdamm. Close to Steinstrasse and monckebergestrasse. Good hotel.

Thanks again.

Ashish Sharma

Edited: 02 August 2014, 18:47
6. Re: Advice required on stay and itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Hamburg