We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frankfurt Airport

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Frankfurt Airport

Is there any quicker way to reach the Fernbahnhof and the ICE trains in the Frankfurt Airport when arriving from the US other than fighting all the people people traffic on ground level in the terminals going one to the other? Does the city skyline go from one terminal to another? Walking and walking then going up the escalator--there must be another way! Can anyone help???

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,545 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Frankfurt Airport

airportcity-frankfurt.com/cms/default/rubrik…

From Terminal 2 to Terminal one you can use the SkyLine train or shuttle buses.

> people traffic on ground level in the terminals going one to the other?

> Walking and walking then going up the escala

People walked from Terminal 2 to 1?

You'll arrive in Terminal 1 either at level 3 (SkyLine) or level 1 (shuttle buses).

The Fernbahnhof is however across the autobahn and connected by a covered foodbridge with level 2 of Terminal 1. At the station you have to get down to the tracks 1 level.

> going up the escalator--there must be another way!

There are also lifts - but I guess this is not what you're looking for.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,664 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frankfurt Airport

First, you could choose an airline that always uses Terminal 1, such as Lufthansa, as the train stations are connected to that terminal. I've walked between Terminals 1 and 2, although the terminals are connected, you must walk outside, and that way is hardly crowded, at least when I've done it. As previously mentioned, you can use the connecting bus or skyway between terminals. From the ground floor of Terminal 1 you must go up, go past the Sheraton, and then down to the train station, a fair walk in itself, use a luggage trolley. There is no way to simplify this. The way is well sign posted.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frankfurt Airport

If you are going between Rail station and terminal 2 I recommend the Skyline becasue it is easy to find and quick. There is access into the rail station from level 2 and if you are flying with Lufthansa you can check in and leave your bags at the rail station end of this level.

4. Re: Frankfurt Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 06:22