We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Frankfurt for 7 hours?

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY
1 post
Save Topic
What to do in Frankfurt for 7 hours?

I have a stop in (FRA) Frankfurt for 7 hours. What can I do in that time?

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,561 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Frankfurt for 7 hours?

Depending on what time you get in, you could do a walking tour, or explore Frankfurt on your own. Medieval churches, Jewish historic spots, old guard towers, the Klein Markt Halle, visit some museums, stroll through some beautiful old neighborhoods, stop at various cafes for a coffee or some of Frankfurts "national" drink - Apfelwein.

The S-bahn is quick and easy. Directions are on numerous posts here on the forum.

Skipton, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Frankfurt for 7 hours?

Two suggestions: visit the Goethe-Haus in the Grosser Hirschgraben, where the poet was brought up. It still contains a lot of the original furniture from the period so it's an interesting insight into C17 Germany even if you're not interested in the poet himself.

Or go the the Städel on the Museumsufer and see the Botticelli exhibition, but be warned - you can queue for hours if you haven't got a museum pass from the tourist office first.

Germany
Level Contributor
317 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Frankfurt for 7 hours?

Schirn Kunsthalle is excellent and has a Seurat exhibition through May.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in Frankfurt for 7 hours?

Any suggestions for a pleasant, romantic, picturesque and not *too* expensive dinner, via s-bahn or taxi from the airport?

My wife and I are staying at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport hotel on a Saturday nite in June, in advance of our Sunday morning flight home...after a week's vacation in French Alsace. We'd love to do something other than kill time in our room...

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Edited: 01 March 2010, 15:50
Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,561 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in Frankfurt for 7 hours?

Come into the city! It is so close, that I am never quite sure why people stay at the airport Sheraton, unless they have a flight right at 0500 or so.

If you already have your reservation and can't change it, then at least come into the city for dinner, theater, concert, a walk along the river, visit a museum or two, depending on what time you will be here, morning, afternoon or evening. Chances are good that there will be a fest going on somewhere in Frankfurt.

Have you already looked through the forum here for the many, many suggestions about what to do here, where to eat, what to see?

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in Frankfurt for 7 hours?

I have visited Frankfurt once previously, 20 years ago. I have not done any current research yet, because I am still giving my attention to planning our trip in Alsace. I have 7 days there, and just 1 night in Frankfurt, so Alsace is my priority at the moment.

Why am I staying at the airport Sheraton? Convenience, peace of mind. I have an 8AM flight back to the U.S., and it's nice to know that even if I sleep later than planned, it's an easy walk to the airport from there. I have traveled many times, and I agree that such hotels aren't very interesting...but those are the reasons I'll be staying there.

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,561 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do in Frankfurt for 7 hours?

Yep. that is a pretty early flight!

Hopefully, you will be pleasantly surprised by all the changes that have taken place in Frankfurt over the last 20 years. The city has improved immensely.

8. Re: What to do in Frankfurt for 7 hours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2010, 07:18