We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transiting Frankfurt to New York

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire.
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Transiting Frankfurt to New York

Hi

Urgent advice please!! We travel in a couple of days and after reading some reviews on Frankfurt airport I'm panicking a bit. We depart from Manchester on Lufthansa but code shared with United Airlines (which confuses me!) and only have just over an hour to catch our connecting flight from Frankfurt to New York (JFK) again code shared with United. I know we can check luggage all the way through at Manchester but will we have enough time to catch the connecting flight? The airport looks so confusing and huge. Both arrive and depart from Terminal 1. The flight was sold as a connecting flight so we should have enough time but reading some reviews I'm not so sure now.

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transiting Frankfurt to New York

You should be ok- just keep walking towards your next gate. You will already have your boarding pass and will have gone thru security so don't panic. Don't be afraid to ask for directions as it does look confusing when you first land.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,326 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transiting Frankfurt to New York

Just follow thr transit (connecting flight) signs. Somewhere along the way you will go through immigration. If there are long lines, you may be able to use a quicker fast-track line. Then go to your gate, and just before it there will be a secondary screening processs for flights to the US that can take almost an hour in itself. You cannot simply walk between gates, arrivals and departures are on different levels only connected by official check points.

You certainly will be arriving on Lufthansa at Frankfurt, and your flight to New York may be on either United or Lufthansa, check your ticket details as to actually who operates the flight. There will be TV monitors directing you to the propper gate.

As the airlines offered you this connection, they should be responsible for your getting on the next available flight if your connection doesn't work, but it should, just don't dawdle on the way.

3. Re: Transiting Frankfurt to New York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2010, 05:18