We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying for 2 days in Frankfurt

Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Staying for 2 days in Frankfurt

We will be on our way to France but the plane has to stop in Frankfurt for a couple hours so we thought, hmmm why not hop out and hang out in Frankurt for 2 days.

So is there a nice hotel under $200.00/night close(ish) to the airport?

Also anywhere close to that hotel to go get a massage?

I"m a massage therapist so I'm interested in massage out there, since they are known for natural alternative medicine.

Thanks.

Michele

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,889 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying for 2 days in Frankfurt

Staying by the airport is not that great of an idea as there is nothing else to do out there. You have to take the train into the city to go out to eat, sight-see, etc. The trains are quick and efficient, so it makes more sense to stay in Frankfurt itself. There are plenty of hotels for less than $200 a night. Have a look on www.hrs.com to see what is on offer. The trains to the airport from the city take between 11-17 min. depending on which stop you are departing from.

Many hotels offer massage, but also the swimming pool complexes with sauna facilities. For a more luxurious experience, there are day spas in many of the cities near to Frankfurt - Bad Homburg, Wiesbaden, Bad Nauheim and even in Frankfurt itself.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying for 2 days in Frankfurt

Why don't you stay in Cologne. It's about 1 hour from Frankfurt Airport by train

Ottawa
Level Contributor
643 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying for 2 days in Frankfurt

I think that staying in Frankfurt for a few days is a very good idea. You have interesting/historical/modern places, good local restaurants, and good hotels downtown.

Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying for 2 days in Frankfurt

I just assumed that every hotel would have a fitness room. Does any know if there's a hotel with a fitness room that's still under $200.00?

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,889 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying for 2 days in Frankfurt

Did you take a look on hrs.com? There you can check out the amenities that you desire and filter that in your search.

I just looked at the Adina hotel and for a date in April, it was 99 € per night for a double. It has a gym, a pool and great reviews. It is also in a good location.

adina.eu/adina-apartment-hotel-frankfurt/hot…

Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying for 2 days in Frankfurt

Ok I'll check how that hotel.

Yes, I checked out hrs BUT there was no gym or fitness button to press. Everything else though.

And then I did find a cool hotel I like but it turned out to be in a different town. I liked the Mikado but turns out, it's in Hesse, Germany!

So I just wanted to talk to someone who's been there, done that sort of thing.

Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying for 2 days in Frankfurt

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp! I've been looking for HOURS, to find a hotel in Frankfurt WITH fitness centre (or a park near by to run). Plus I will need Air conditioning since we'll be there July 23. hhhh hhhot.

Under $200.00.

Can't find it, I whine.

Anyone actually stay somewhere with these things???

hmmm?

Thanks.

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,889 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying for 2 days in Frankfurt

The entire city center of Frankfurt is surrounded by a park. This is a 5 km run if you like. Running along the river is a favorite, and there are parks everywhere. Something like 45 parks, as well as a huge city forest.

The Adina has A/C. Or, you could look at the NH hotel, the Frankfurt location. Sometimes the Intercontinental has good prices.

There are also mulitple pool complexes in Frankfurt too, if you would like to swim, visit the sauna, etc.

Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying for 2 days in Frankfurt

WELL it's sounds like the Adina is a real winner!

Is this path on the river close to it then?

Is the hotel nice and quiet?

So you're stayed there then?

Thank you so much for all your info!!!!

Michele

10. Re: Staying for 2 days in Frankfurt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 March 2011, 03:05