We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stay in the Alexander am Zoo?

Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone stay in the Alexander am Zoo?

Looks interesting. Doesn't look like they have air condition though. May get smoking hot in July. ??

Michele

Ottawa
Level Contributor
643 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stay in the Alexander am Zoo?

The hotel has "air conditioned".

In the "Getting frustrated" post, Bornheimgirl made some excellent comments.

Check the reviews of the hotel which seem quite good.

The hotel policy for "Children and extra beds" reads "Free One child under 17 years stays free of charge when using existing bedding." I don't know what "existing bedding" means -- same bed, a couch, the floor? I would verify that before you get a surprise.

If it's 6 of one and half dozen of the other in terms of price, I would stay closer to downtown.

ITE MISSA EST

Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stay in the Alexander am Zoo?

existing bedding means - the child sleep in YOUR bed. No thanks.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,442 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stay in the Alexander am Zoo?

Why don't you try hotwire if you are on a budget. You can plug in two adults and one child and up will pop all the hotels you can choose from. Then use betterbidding for reference and you should be able to work out what hotel you might win. I scored the Sheraton Airport for a great price.

My family has travelled all over the US , Canada and Europe using Hotwire, you get a good deal on the room and they have to guaranteee beds for the number of people.

Europe is not a place where they have family style rooms like in the US, so you really have to be adaptable when travelling, Also with the train system in Frankfurt, no hotel is that far from anything.

You wil enjoy the trip way more if you find a room and can move on to planning the fun stuff.

Also youth hostels in Europe are a fabulous options for families on a budget, usually breakfast is included and they have rooms that are clean and private for minimal costs. We have experienced some great places on a budget with hostels. A private room in this hostel for 3 adults is 78eur pernight. frankfurt-hostel.com/en/our-rooms-hostel.html It includes a buffet breakfast and is walking distance from the main train station. Lots of families go with hostelling.

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,992 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone stay in the Alexander am Zoo?

The Frankfurt Hostel is not really a place for a 10 year old girl to be staying overnight in.

Besides, the OP is looking for a place with A/C, fitness center and pool. She was going to book a room at Roomers for goodness sakes. So, it ain't about the budget.

Mentioned in this post
Roomers
Roomers
1,037 Reviews
Frankfurt, Germany
Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone stay in the Alexander am Zoo?

Not looking for a pool. Air cond is a must in July. Wanted Roomers but can't afford it cause they said we needed an extra room for a 10 yr old.

I'm over the fitness centre need because I see I can go for a run along the river or at the Ostpert Park.

Yes, we need to be on a budget of less than $200.00 CANADIAN a night.

I think I'll book the Alexander am. Looks Awesome!

Thank you.

Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone stay in the Alexander am Zoo?

I really don't think the Alexander am zoo does have airconditioning. Well they do in the 'public areas'. But I don't think i the rooms. Maybe that means the lobby. ?? I emailed the hotel a couple days ago but I haven't heard back yet.

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,992 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone stay in the Alexander am Zoo?

The website says it has air conditioning in the rooms, just that it is controlled from the front desk. So, you can't go in your room and turn it on full blast.

They also offer childrens beds in the rooms.

Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone stay in the Alexander am Zoo?

Ok Cool. I hope it's good, cause I booked it.

I like that it is across the road from the Zoo.

Thanks for all your help!

Now I just have to figure out how to get there using the train from the airport. :)

9. Re: Anyone stay in the Alexander am Zoo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 20:15