We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire

Brisbane...
1 post
Save Topic
car hire

can anyonerecommend a local car hire company ? thanks

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8,066 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire

Try Sixt or the normal companies like Hertz,Avis,Budget etc, due to many complaints on here I would avoid Terstappen Thrifty/Dollar

Renting in a city location not at the main station or airport will be cheaper

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
93,034 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire

DriveAway arranges cheap rentals with the major companies: www.driveaway.com.au

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,365 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire

I've had good experiences with Gemut.com. They deal with all the major companies, have competitive rates and excellent customer service. Last year I had to cancel a reservation two days before I was supposed to take the car. They refunded my deposit promptly and without hassle. They are based in the US but specialize in Germany and Austria.

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
Austria
Austria
Europe
San Jose, CA
Destination Expert
for Wengen, Jungfrau Region
Level Contributor
2,732 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car hire

I second the gemut.com recommendation. Excellent service, very good pricing, very reliable.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
118 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car hire

Do we need an international licence to drive in Germany? Also can we hire a car in Germany and then take it through to Prague, Budapest, Vienna and other cities and then back to Germany to drop off? Flying into Munich and flying out from Paris with 5 weeks in Europe. Would it be cheaper to leave the car in Germany and train it through into France?

thanks

Vikki

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Europe
Europe
World
France
France
Europe
6. Re: car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2013, 10:15