We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer in Frankfurt Airport

wisconsin, usa
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer in Frankfurt Airport

I'm sending my wife and daughter to Germany this summer/fall. I've found a flight from the US into Frankfurt with a connection to Berlin that is only 1 hour and 30 minutes after they land in Frankfurt. Is there is a reasonable chance they'll be able to make the Berlin flight?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
4,168 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer in Frankfurt Airport

If the flight is on time --> absolutely.

I assume the lugguage will be checked through to the next flight directly.

They only have to clear immigration and that doesn't cost much time.

Edited: 30 June 2012, 20:02
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,380 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer in Frankfurt Airport

Minimum transfer time at Frankfurt Airport is 45 minutes. 90 minutes is thus really ample time for this.

wisconsin, usa
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer in Frankfurt Airport

Thank you for your help.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
203 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer in Frankfurt Airport

I am interested in this topic also. I will be flying from Chicago to Paris with a 2 hr layover in Frankfurt to change planes. Will I be checking my luggage from Chicago to Paris? I have never had this type of connection before. Any advice will be appreciated.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,565 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer in Frankfurt Airport

If you are flying on one ticket, just check your luggage through to your final destination, Paris. At Frankfurt, just follow the transfer signs and somewhere along the way you will pass through a checkpoint which in your case will serve also as immigration. Note that you cannot proceed directly to your gate as arrivals and departures are on different secure levels of the airport. Then in Paris you will just go through customs after picking up your luggage.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
203 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer in Frankfurt Airport

Thank you marcopoko. One less thing for me to wonder about.

7. Re: Transfer in Frankfurt Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 22:18